New Location, Great Riding!

• Premium Member

I recently moved from the Pacific North West (North Bend Washington) to Central California (Clovis California) and for the last two months I have been dealing with buying a house, selling my old house, moving all my stuff, waiting for supply chain issues to get the parts necessary to fix my bike, and fixing the damage my Tracer sustained in the move down. I was a bit worried about the riding down here in California, since I have been criss crossing the mountain ranges in Washington for the last 20 years. I have been lucky to have so many mountain passes close to Seattle to ride.

I finally was able to ride my bike yesterday, and Holy Crap, there are some great twisty roads in the mountains just east of me. I spent the day riding in the Sierra National Forest and the southern part of Yosemite National Park, and I think it will take me a few. years to ride all the great roads criss crossing the mountains from Redding down to just north of Los Angeles. 

If anyone on the forum is located near Fresno / Clovis, California and is interested in riding, PM me and let me know. 

• Thumbsup 2

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, DavidS said:

I finally was able to ride my bike yesterday, and Holy Crap, there are some great twisty roads in the mountains just east of me. I spent the day riding in the Sierra National Forest and the southern part of Yosemite National Park, and I think it will take me a few. years to ride all the great roads criss crossing the mountains from Redding down to just north of Los Angeles.

You have seen the light... 😎 

I make it a point of riding down to California at least twice each year, trying to mix familiar and new/  different roads each time, I still haven't made it south of Santa Cruz or Yosemite yet but I'm going to continue coming back each year.  I don't know about the Southern Half but the Northern half is phenomenal.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 10/23/2021 at 9:42 PM, PhotoAl said:

I’m I in San Jose for a month visiting and helping with a new grandchild.  Unfortunately mt Tracer GT wouldn’t fit on the plane.  I’m going thru withdrawals and have only been here 2 days.

Try looking for a rental, might be a bit costly, but you are only there for a month, so it might work out.