LED knuckle guards

Guest lawrenceofsuburbia
I have these sitting on my toolbox waiting to be installed
I read here recently that the manufacturer (? Korea ?) had run-out of stock. Could anyone who gets a handle on the next availability of these kindly post a short word so that I - and doubtless others - can get an order in. Are they an E-Bay item?
L of S

I ordered these from the eBay seller. Seller cancelled the sale and refunded the payment. Seller indicated that they are being improved, but did not explain further.
2015 FJ-09, 2016 1290 Super Duke, 2017 150 XC-W (primary ride), 2012 DR650

I ordered these and received them at the end of March.  Waited a few weeks to install them and the throttle side light is defective as it doesn't light up and once powered blows a 2 amp fuse.  I requested a replacement or refund from the seller and did not receive a reply.  Ebay is now intervening to resolve this issue.  I would prefer a replacement light instead of a refund as the installation requires 2 holes to be drilled on each of the outer handguards.  These holes are clearly visible without the lights installed.

• Premium Member
Appreciate the diagram and link ... mine shipped without instructions. Reading these instructions, they don't match up with how mine needed to be mounted. The handguards in these images are not the same as mine. That being said, I was able to mount and install but this morning the throttle-side LED is no longer working. I have contacted the seller to discuss. Hoping he'll respond to my email.

Thanks again

Appreciate the diagram and link ... mine shipped without instructions. Reading these instructions, they don't match up with how mine needed to be mounted. The handguards in these images are not the same as mine. That being said, I was able to mount and install but this morning the throttle-side LED is no longer working. I have contacted the seller to discuss. Hoping he'll respond to my email. 
Thanks again
Mine was also shipped without instructions but it was mentioned (small though) on the box where the led's were in... :) Kinda curious how your handguards look like then since mine look the same as on the pics from the manual..?

• Premium Member
I'm glad you questioned me on my handguards ... I just got home and now realize they were put on backwards. the brackets and the guards themselves were on the opposite sides. I'm assuming that the brackets/handguards get put on by the dealer when they get it ready for sale. Which also explains why i was missing one of small nuts under the bracket. I just switched both and they work great. However, like before, I still don't understand how to sync with the signals. Do I bypass using the terminals at the top and am I supposed to plug them into the signals somehow?

Interesting to find out that they could be mounted backwards...(got photos to show how that looked like..?) :)

Connect the module like it's shown on the picture. So you have ground and 12v AND the 12v turnsignal (can use the ground from the turnsignal as well so only an additional separate 12v is required) which goes into the module (3 wires). Outgoing from the module your have ground and 12v what goes to the LED's. It's connected separately besides the existing turnsignals. You just use the wires. As the instructions mentioned they don't provide any plug & play cablesets so you have to do this your own.

I opted not to wire them to my turn signals considering they won't flash Amber. Didn't know if I'd have any legality issues with flashing white lights. I really wanted as something to just make me seen a little more and I like how cleanly they integrate with the bike. Not a big fan of bolt on spot lights

I ordered these and received them at the end of March.  Waited a few weeks to install them and the throttle side light is defective as it doesn't light up and once powered blows a 2 amp fuse.  I requested a replacement or refund from the seller and did not receive a reply.  Ebay is now intervening to resolve this issue.  I would prefer a replacement light instead of a refund as the installation requires 2 holes to be drilled on each of the outer handguards.  These holes are clearly visible without the lights installed.
So Ebay intervened and I received a full refund including shipping from the seller.  It doesn't appear that I am required to send the lights back.  Great and not so great.  Now there are 2 holes on each of the handguards :(  The clutch side light works fine but the throttle side does not work.  Anyone know if there is way to diagnose/repair the LED blowing the fuse?

• 10 months later...
Hello.

I ordered this but still waiting!

I have an important question:

- When the lights of the led dies, what happens? is the lights replaced or going to garbage?
BEcause if it's not possible to replace, then the wholes in the handguard will stay forever, right?

Any ideas on this?

PS - Sorry for some mistakes... Not english native

Archived