Cap for Kisan headlight monitor sensor

Tyghazi

Hello, all. This is my first post about my new-to-me 2016 FJ-09. I have been adding bits and pieces gradually, and today’s addition was a Kisan headlight modulator. I swear by these devices, which have saved me more than once. Since I ride in groups quite often, I needed a way to shut off the modulator when in the middle of the pack, and just run with the bright lights full on without flashing. All I really needed was a cap for the sensor. I ended up using a spare cap from a heated gear cable, which I modified by digging the “stem” out of the cap. It ended up being a perfect fit. Have a look at the “on” and “off” pics attached. 

All the best,

Tarek

D5FD0350-A4B0-4560-9974-532C0415775E.thumb.jpeg.56d18820ed9d28eac8116d0fd1d98ee0.jpeg

F0E3F8EA-360F-4C21-8281-05AFB4D56984.thumb.jpeg.afcf4649901217de35ae48fe2f6a4f6d.jpeg

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Did you buy the Nisan plug n play modulator for Yamaha LED headlights?  If so, I developed that with Andy Gandhi at Kisan.  BTW, if you ask, they also have a version with a longer cable to mount it farther from the HLC unit.

Personally, if I was riding behind a buddy, let alone several, I'd never have my high beam on.  Almost any modern high beam, LED or not is annoyingly bright in my mirrors anyway...