Where to get Comfort seat for a 2021 Tracer 9 GT

bikelee

Yeah I am also on the lookout for a new saddle. The stock saddle on my T9GT is not horrible, but needs to be better. I’m hoping Corbin will soon build a rider saddle for this bike. I messaged them about this and got a cryptic but encouraging reply.

Meantime, I have found ways to tolerate the stock saddle for about an hour at a time. Mainly involves consciously moving the butt about while riding. Avoid sitting very still for very long. At stops, stand up get the weight off the butt for a moment. Grip the tank with my knees. Stand up on the pegs when possible. Stuff like that. 

For those that don’t know, … I called Corbin months ago. They need a 21 for a couple weeks. You get a free seat for your troubles. They will not ride your MC. They will however sit on it a lot. I hope someone gets the word who has a 21 or 22 up in that area. They are in Hollister California. 

• Thumbsup 1

I’m only a hundred miles from Hollister and would LOVE for Corbin to use my 2021 9GT to develop a new saddle. When I emailed them about a saddle I was kind of hoping for an offer, but no. Whoever answered my email said I should keep an eye on their site for coming info. I take that to mean they have a model bike and are working on it now. I’ve had Corbin’s on most of my tourers including my 2014 FJR now gone. They make a great saddle that usually fits me perfectly without further ado. 

• Thumbsup 1

2 hours ago, KrustyKush said:

I’m only a hundred miles from Hollister and would LOVE for Corbin to use my 2021 9GT to develop a new saddle. When I emailed them about a saddle I was kind of hoping for an offer, but no. Whoever answered my email said I should keep an eye on their site for coming info. I take that to mean they have a model bike and are working on it now. I’ve had Corbin’s on most of my tourers including my 2014 FJR now gone. They make a great saddle that usually fits me perfectly without further ado. 

Might be worth a phone call. They seemed very eager to get a bike on loan. VERY eager. Unfortunately I can’t remember who I talked to. I seem to remember an online chat function too. I would love it if someone can do this. I am hundreds of miles away unfortunately. 
They have a ride in program too for seats already available where they customize to your liking. I would assume this would be the same except it’s not same day ride in/ride out. 

PS, I actually contacted them twice over a few months and they made that free seat offer both times. The second time was the chat function. I recalled after thinking about it a bit. 
With Bagster or anyone else not having a seat I’ll bet whoever is first is going to get some sales right away. I know I’ll open up my wallet. 

Edited by tclhb

Hi Folks,

I asked the parts guy where I bought my T9GT (earlier this week, in fact) when I could expect to be able to get a comfort seat. He replied:

Just got off the phone with yamaha and they said as of right now they dont have any knowledge of them bringing the comfort seat over to the usa at the moment.

Poor grammar aside, that really sucks. I think everyone should call Yamaha and inquire about the seat and other accessories that we aren't getting.

Harrumph.

Craig

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone wants to raise the front end of the tracer 9GT seat, you can a kit from JK3D.us. If anyone wants to add more foam to the seat ''DIY project''. See the video below.

Hi Lucio,

That's interesting! I emailed a dealer in Toronto (I think) back in January asking if they would ship me a seat and provided the part number. They replied that they didn't show a comfort seat or that part number in their system. 

Maybe this is a recent development? Do you happen to know of a dealer that I could contact about this?

Thanks,

Craig