Where to get Comfort seat for a 2021 Tracer 9 GT

bikelee

On 3/3/2023 at 3:07 PM, kiseliok said:

Bumping this thread up again - can anyone outside of US take a picture of the stock heated seat connector, please? I'd love to just plug in an original seat, if possible, and not mess with the wiring. 

I live in the US and purchased the OEM Tracer 9 heated comfort seat (Yamaha PN B5U-247C0-10-00) in April 2022 from KFM-Motorraeder in Germany. I can confirm it works fine with the US bike and plugs right in and works. I was hoping it would help/solve the forward sloping issue with the stock seat but it doesn't, even with the shim kit from jk3d. Probably going to try out a Corbin.

Edited by skidude9678
  • Thumbsup 1

8 hours ago, skidude9678 said:

I live in the US and purchased the OEM Tracer 9 heated comfort seat (Yamaha PN B5U-247C0-10-00) in April 2022 from KFM-Motorraeder in Germany. I can confirm it works fine with the US bike and plugs right in and works. I was hoping it would help/solve the forward sloping issue with the stock seat but it doesn't, even with the shim kit from jk3d. Probably going to try out a Corbin.

Can you provide a link or email and name to someone at that dealership that might order and ship the comfort seat to me here in the US?

3 minutes ago, tgas said:

Can you provide a link or email and name to someone at that dealership that might order and ship the comfort seat to me here in the US?

Never mind.  I was able to find their website.  Let me know if you have anything to add.  thanks

9 hours ago, skidude9678 said:

Hmmmm ... now a testimonial in the other direction, i.e. that the Comfort Seat does nothing for the slope flaw even with the shim kit. Thanks for the feedback.

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

2 hours ago, tgas said:

Never mind.  I was able to find their website.  Let me know if you have anything to add.  thanks

Nothing really to add, they were very easy to deal with. Shipping wasn't cheap but I knew that going in.

44 minutes ago, Grumpy Goat said:

Hmmmm ... now a testimonial in the other direction, i.e. that the Comfort Seat does nothing for the slope flaw even with the shim kit. Thanks for the feedback.

I wouldn't say it did nothing, it helped a bit but it definitely didn't solve the problem. The seat was more level than before, yes, but it still had a distinct downward slope toward the tank. See the picture I attached of my bike. I ordered a Corbin seat a few hours ago, very keen to see how that feels.

Screenshot 2023-06-22 200022.jpg

Edited by skidude9678

12 hours ago, skidude9678 said:

Nothing really to add, they were very easy to deal with. Shipping wasn't cheap but I knew that going in.

I wouldn't say it did nothing, it helped a bit but it definitely didn't solve the problem. The seat was more level than before, yes, but it still had a distinct downward slope toward the tank. See the picture I attached of my bike. I ordered a Corbin seat a few hours ago, very keen to see how that feels.

I am very interested to see how the Corbin works out for you.  Update this thread with all the details like if the ordering was easy, how long does it take to come in, and mainly how comfortable is it.  Congrats on the new seat.

BTW - your bike looks fantastic.  Love the Akro.

Edited by tgas

18 hours ago, skidude9678 said:

Oh, thanks for the picture ... says a thousand words. That does not look too bad at all, actually. I think I could actually live with that, as there is a bit of a flat portion to the seat and the slope is reduced.

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a Corbin for my '22 GT. I love it so I'm selling my Comfort Seat which I bought about a month ago. I needed something a little taller, which the Corbin is and the Comfort seat is not, but it's definitely a big improvement over stock. PM me if interested.

13 hours ago, tomahawk said:

I just bought a Corbin for my '22 GT. I love it so I'm selling my Comfort Seat which I bought about a month ago. I needed something a little taller, which the Corbin is and the Comfort seat is not, but it's definitely a big improvement over stock. PM me if interested.

PM sent

I ordered a Corbin heated seat. It arrived in 10 days. I had to add the supplied washers to get it to lock in place. I have about 300 miles on it and it is starting to break in. It is a great upgrade. I love it.

IMG_2529.jpg

Edited by Motorchef

• 1 month later...

I'm selling the Corbin seat I just bought for my '22 GT. Its in new condition. I only used it a couple of times before I traded it in for a GS. I paid $680 for it but will sell for $500 + actual shipping cost. PM me for pics if interested.