Where to get Comfort seat for a 2021 Tracer 9 GT

bikelee

I have Seth Laam do all my saddles. He asks what's not working, what you'd like the saddle to do, and customizes it to your preferences. He does mostly send-in-your-saddle, so you're off the bike for a bit, unless you're fortunate enough to be close enough to ride in and have him build your saddle while you wait. 

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

I had Sargent Customize my seat.  Takes awhile, but now with Covid receding it might be closer to 4 weeks than the original 6-7.  They have a form on their website.  Dane and Cindy are great people to work with and you can call them weekly to check on the progress of your seat. It is not perfect but much better than stock.  I no longer slide into the tank and I can stay in the saddle longer.

• Thumbsup 1

Hi Graig, I will check to see if the dealer can still get them. If so I will provide the info. I got mine last year, a few months after receiving my GT9. The comfort seat is better than the one it comes with but not OMG better (my opinion). As soon as the weather permits and will restart putting the miles (km) on it and we will see. Plan B, if I’m still not satisfied, I will modify the original seat myself and add quality foam and shape it to fit my need. Something else to consider depending on your preference is the incline of the seat. A couple of days ago I installed a kit from https://jk3d.us/. It’s a smart low-cost shim kit. Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVJvk1lcgbk. It will raise the front by 6 to 8 mm. Leveling the seat a bit more. It does the job but the fuel tank needs to come up a little more than the stock position (2mm). It works but being picky and meticulous, I did a few other small mods to make it look and perform better. I can provide pics and details later if anyone is interested.

• Thumbsup 1

Hi Lucio,

Thanks! My plan was to get the "comfort seat" since they are not very expensive, and have my original seat modified by somebody (perhaps Terry Adcox in Tennessee). That way I won't be off the bike for an unknown period of time. I have a Terry seat on my V-strom 650 and it's pretty nice.

Hey, if you decide you don't like your comfort seat, I bet you could sell it here! (nudge, nudge, wink, wink...)

Cheers!

Craig

• 4 weeks later...

I contacted https://motosportsoftrenton.com/ on March 15. They said Bryan would get back to me, but I haven't heard from them. I think I will just get Terry Adcox to modify my seat. At $250 plus shipping, it seems like a decent option. 

Lucio, are you ready to sell your comfort seat yet? Is it flatter than the stock seat at the back? Really I just need a little more cushioning near the edges and I think I'd be fine.

Cheers!

Craig

• 7 months later...

Resurrecting an older thread as I could not find anything newer.

Has anyone in US bought a comfort heated seat and was able to get it to work properly with US electronics / wiring? These things cost quite a bit, especially with international shipping, but would be nice to just have a stock toggle for the heating element without any external / additional switches.

• 3 months later...

Bumping this thread up again - can anyone outside of US take a picture of the stock heated seat connector, please? I'd love to just plug in an original seat, if possible, and not mess with the wiring. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/8/2022 at 9:06 AM, Craig in Alabama said:

I contacted https://motosportsoftrenton.com/ on March 15. They said Bryan would get back to me, but I haven't heard from them. I think I will just get Terry Adcox to modify my seat. At $250 plus shipping, it seems like a decent option. 

Lucio, are you ready to sell your comfort seat yet? Is it flatter than the stock seat at the back? Really I just need a little more cushioning near the edges and I think I'd be fine.

Cheers!

Craig

Hello from Dothan, Alabama

I was wondering if you ever got your seat modified or worked on or replaced using Terry Adcox and what the results were.  I am a new T9GT owner and the seat is ok but it is something I plan to look at changing at some point. 

• 2 weeks later...