2019 GT is the front LEFT receptacle switched with ignition key on, or engine start

Rdecae81

my bike is apart for new suspension and adding a PDM60 with wiring.  I think the front left receptacle is switched with engine on, but I cannot start my bike to confirm. can someone please let me know.  Using that power source as my switch wire to the PDM60 and just want to know how it will be activated.

It is switched.  For my Neutrino Element which is located under the seat I used the rear tail light as a sensor input to say ignition on.  It has worked well.

EDIT:  Had to go and take a look at the PDM60.  It is a nice switched unit that does away with fuses and turns everything off with the ignition.   Only dislike is it does not do PWM modulation which I use for aux light brightness and heated gear control.  I have looked ( not hard) for a PWM control so could adjust brightness of lights easier but didn't find one.  

Edited by PhotoAl

2 hours ago, Rdecae81 said:

my bike is apart for new suspension and adding a PDM60 with wiring.  I think the front left receptacle is switched with engine on, but I cannot start my bike to confirm. can someone please let me know. 

Yes it is. Also, if anything is connected to the spare connectors in that area behind the windshield it is also switched. I have my GPS connected there.

• Thumbsup 1

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

ok so I did not ask the question correctly.  Yes I knew it was switched

HOW is it switched?  if I turn the key on is the front receptacle powered?   or does the engine have to be running?

I am pretty sure the bike has to be running, I do not think just turning the key to "on" will make the receptacle powered.  but I cannot confirm right now. 

Was hoping someone could turn their key to "on" and plug something into the receptacle and confirm power or no power.

Edited by Rdecae81

1 hour ago, Rdecae81 said:

ok so I did not ask the question correctly.  Yes I knew it was switched

HOW is it switched?  if I turn the key on is the front receptacle powered?   or does the engine have to be running?

No. The key simply has to be in the ON position with the engine not running for the aux. socket to be powered. See this video.

• Thumbsup 2

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS