New Roads

duckie

It looks like we are moving very soon. In all the discussions we had, two things I stood my ground on….fair size garage and good roads near by.

Im getting both…..30x50x14, 3 rollup door building.

And the roads. We will be close to Chico. A whole new set of road and towns to explore. Been looking at all     the roads up there. Its been over 20 years since Ive been on 36, 3, 96, and other roads in that general area. 

Then the roads east of Chico. Ive never ridden in that area so this is gonna be fun.

Its gonna be really great riding this year. I just got to make sure I get my 108, 4  loop done before the final move. 

Edited by duckie
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
30 minutes ago, duckie said:

It looks like we are moving very soon.  Its been over 20 years since Ive been on 36, 3, 96, and other roads in that general area. 

Then the roads east of Chico. Ive never ridden in that area so this is gonna be fun.

Get in touch with @maximo, he is also from Chico and can recommend a lot of great roads in that area. 

I try to get down to that area once or twice a year to ride both the NW and NE areas that you are talking about, I try to ride something new on each trip and have never been disappointed, always GREAT riding.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Bring it on! I love drafting routes for people depending on what they want to ride. 

And @duckie since we'll be neighbors I may even show you some of them myself. There's a never-ending supply of good roads in the area. 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

’70 Yamaha 125 Enduro; ’75 Honda CB360T; ’81 Yamaha XS650SH; ’82 Honda GL650 Silver Wing Interstate; ’82 Suzuki GS650L; ’87 Yamaha Virago 535; ’87 Yamaha FJ1200; ’96 Honda ST1100; ’99 Yamaha V-Star Classic; ’00 Suzuki SV650; ’07 BMW K1200GT; ’12 Suzuki DR200; ’15 Yamaha FJ-09.  Bold = current

Sounds good. We are just waiting to sign the papers. Then its get the hell out of the Bay Area. Bout a week or so…….long ass week.

Ive heard tell of some really good roads like 162, la porte,which seem to have different names. Ive been on google maps alot.

It gonna be fun…..

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, duckie said:

Ive heard tell of some really good roads like 162, la porte,which seem to have different names. Ive been on google maps alot.

It gonna be fun…..

In addition... You may already be aware of these, but the roads around Lake Berryessa and Clear Lake are awesome and Fort Bragg to Leggett out on the coast is ridiculous once it turns inland, its a racetrack in the coastal forest.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

4 hours ago, duckie said:

It gonna be fun…..

Down Quincy/La Porte up Bucks Lake - or--32 to 36 to Susanville back to Quincy

You're in the center of some great riding. Also the Trinity Alps and Lake Tahoe area. 

• Like 1

Oh I know Ill be close to some great riding in all directions. Glad Im retired and can really pick my days to ride. Funny how my schedule is always clear on days I want to ride.

Ive done 36, 96, 3 and the some other roads in that general area. 

By great riding, I also mean Thunderhill 

• Like 1

Im a burger and fries kinda guy. I like riding and finding some good eats.

New roads means finding new good eats. Riding good roads and finding good eats……nothing better.

This move is putting a breath of fresh air into my riding. I stopped riding  the local roads within 30 minutes away as much as I did. Just got old. Been riding those roads for more than 25 years. 

Getting to other good roads like 108,4,88,49,120, which are at least 2 hours away, one way……through some god awful traffic, was OK, but a pain still. Total of 4 hours travel time just to get to the good stuff, however, its always has been worth the time. 108 and 4 loop……just unreal.

The anticipation of seeing new mountains roads and towns has me feeling like a new rider. My basic belief about riding a motorcycle is to explore, wander about to see and experince new places and people.
Thats why I started. Racing and track days were never a part of why I started, just sorta happen along the way.

That basic belief about motorcycle riding that started me riding got lost along the way until this move. It has resurfaced. Im looking at maps about what road to do, what town to see, what sights are out there to visit……just like when I first started riding.

The Tracer has been patiently waiting. The Tracer wants to play, wants to do what it does best….just go. And go we will……….