FJ-09 Replacement Instrument Cluster (Meter Assembly)

I just did mine, I got a small bubble over the 12/13k and one over the std power indicator. The material really doesn’t like moving or releasing bubbles when you lay it down, you can really only see them if you are looking for it with the screen on. I opted to do the main screen only!

I also noticed the ribbon plug for the second screen so in theory you could source a second hand one and just plug the second screen into your cluster and keep your k’s etc. That’s after you redo the first screen if it’s bad enough.

Edited by Buggy Nate

I'm about 95 percent sure Yamaha cant alter mileage.  Whats to stop altering mileage on used bikes?

If you buy a used one it will have the old bikes mileage.  It's not in the ECU, it's in the dash.

$400-$900 is crazy $$$$ for one.

Not touching mine.

9 hours ago, Nickmoto said:

@Heli ATP 

I don't believe it will, so that becomes the 64k question, can a yamaha dealer transfer somehow the info to a new cluster. I will reach out to a dealer tomorrow to find out definitively.  

No they can’t. 
Yes, H-D can. 
Every manufacturer is different, and has different policies about mileage transfers. 
-Skip

@Buggy Nate  Ok, so I wasn't the only one that had a challenge getting the bubbles out. I have a couple of bubbles in my main screen, one near the F symbol and one somewhere else in the gas indicator line.. but as with yours, you really can't notice it when it's powered up... it's really only the second screen that's pretty blah, so I think I'll live with my main screen.

Did it look like the second screen would disconnect? I didn't examine it that closely as I was trying to be careful with the ribbon connector. If it can, then yes, that could definitely be a way to go.. 👍

@skipperT  Thanks for the info Skip, that makes sense! 

• Thumbsup 1

Based on my experience with a Trailtech Vapor on a project bike I have, I would not want to have to do the same to my Tracer (non-GT, so same setup as the FJ). I don't think any of the aftermarket clocks are going to be able to read the speed, tach, etc. information from the ECU. It will require a lot of wiring work, plus some additional sensors for temp, speed, and RMP for the replacement unit. I would save up for a stock replacement or just live with the current setup if I were in the same position. 

The nice thing about the Trailtech, is I was able to adjust the odometer to reflect the bikes actual miles. I do like the Trailtech for the application I am using it for, but it was a complex setup.