Motorcycle Emissions Testing

Just curious:   Do any of you folks live in a locale where motorcycles must undergo regular emission testing using a tail pipe probe?

And if so does that prevent you from messing around with intake and exhaust systems?

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

We do not have emissions testing here in NY but over the winter our replacement Dem Governor found time to pass the NY "SLEEP" act which stands for "Stop Loud and Excessive Exhaust Pollution". 

From what it appears is that in NY we are no longer allowed to modify our stock exhaust or replace our exhaust with anything aftermarket if it's louder than the stock decibel rating of the bike. Supposedly the inspection station is not allowed to pass any bike that has such modified exhaust. It has already been in enforced on the snowmobile trails this winter and applies to cars & trucks as well. Fines upwards of $1000 for the vehicle owner.

I do not personally know anyone that has been affected yet. The bike shops in the area don't even know how it's going to work yet. Supposedly they can get fined also. Hopefully riding season starts soon here in the Northeast when the roads clear up. I guess we will find out in the next couple months how this all shakes out. My Tracer is all stock but my other 2 bikes are not and i do not want to change them back to the stock exhaust.

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

Have heard about that law, get folks don't like loud exhausts and its partially the result of the biker community being tone deaf.  Particularly the HD crowd with straight pipes.  I love a great sounding exhaust but we also need to be respectful of others.  Really like the stock exhaust on my Tracer 900 GT.  Good sound but not too loud and I can ride quietly if needed.  

Why is F1 popular and the e-racing not much at all?  Its the sound.  e-racing sounds too much like giant slot cars.  

No motorcycle emission testing here in California, at least not where I live (70 miles east of LA).  I moved to CA 5 years ago, and have marveled at how much deference the locals give to riders, not seeming to mind the lane splitting at 70 mph, or the very loud pipes on many bikes (not just Harleys).  Here, a bike seems to be able to go as fast and make as much noise as the riders wants without much fear of enforcement.

I sorta like the sound of my 21 Tracer GT.  It is great when spinning into the high revs under hard throttle.  But I like it less just potting around town.  I wish it sounded more like my 2014 FJR did with stock pipes.  

I wish I could have lived long enough to see electric bikes a common reality.  I've got a Chevy Volt and I really love the near silent power.