2019 gt headlight adjuster

NormR

Not sure if its me but I tried adjusting the headlight on the left side and after turning the adjuster knob several turns didn't notice any level changes in the beam. Does it take more then 4 or 5 turns to lower or raise the level?

I had somewhat the same issue, it does take many turns to really see any difference, but also the physical range of adjustment in the assembly itself is not very much IMO.  Are you doing it with the headlight aimed towards a wall so you can see the beam move?

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, Skidood said:

I had somewhat the same issue, it does take many turns to really see any difference, but also the physical range of adjustment in the assembly itself is not very much IMO.  Are you doing it with the headlight aimed towards a wall so you can see the beam move?

I tried turning the knob while in front of my garage door and stopped after turning it half a dozen times without noticing a difference. I'll give it go one more time....

On 4/4/2022 at 8:26 PM, NormR said:

I tried turning the knob while in front of my garage door and stopped after turning it half a dozen times without noticing a difference. I'll give it go one more time....

You want to be a good distance from your door to really see the change.  Like, at *least* 10ft.  

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

If I remember right it's 25 feet with you and the stuff you normally carry on the bike. I do miss the electric headlight adjustment my old Goldwing had, sure made life easy.

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Turn only to the left on both adjusters to go up (vertical). Which is counter clockwise. Need to be about 20+ feet from a wall and I add a piece of painters tape on the wall to actually see the movement I made. It does take many turns to actually do anything.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1