I almost hit an alligator this morning

• Premium Member

I thought that was just a Florida thing. Who knew? 🤷‍♀️

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
Just now, texscottyd said:

Which?   Alligators, or cuddly pythons?   😀

Both. 

Florida conservationists capture 215 pound python, the heaviest found in the state - CNN

• Confused 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member

Alligators in the road are pretty common down on Tamiami Trail. Especially in winter. Cold nights mean they crawl out onto the road to warm up.

tamiami.png

Alligator_walks_across_road.png

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
14 minutes ago, 2and3cylinders said:

He was on his way home from the market to have his significant other prepare dinner for the kids and inlaws.  

In my eldest son’s calm, monotone voice, I’m hearing “Oh, great egret again?” 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 1

Where to begin?  Here in PA my current score is 1 deer with the car, 1 with the bike.

The bike was CBR1100XX.  10 PM coming home from work, deer came from my left, saw me, started going back to the left so smacked my left leg. I didn't go down, thought no damage, Great!

Wrong. Got home, front, middle, even tail section plastic all cracked up with deer hair stuck in it. $1k in plastic.

ST1300. Vulture eating roadkill. Sees me, takes off, flys right at me! Glances off my fairing, hits me in the head, I don't go down. Had to bend fairing brackets straight again.

Have had Turkeys fly just over my head a few times.

Regular smorgasbord here in PA.

I've got paper pics somewhere of the bike. Long before camera phones. Here's the car. Almost totalled it. Front, hood, rt fender, and both doors.

Screenshot_20220721-095321_Gallery.jpg

Edited by peteinpa
  • Thumbsup 1