Tracer 9 GT seat options.

Just picked up my ‘22 Tracer 9 GT and I’m loving it…except for the seat. The slope shims helped, but the seat is not going to allow me to do multi day touring. 

What aftermarket seat options are out there? All I’ve seen so far is Corbin and the Yamaha comfort seat, which isn’t available in the US. Anyone else out there making one? Has anyone used the Tapezzeria  seat covers? Or do I just need to go with a custom maker?

• Supporting Member

I haven't heard of anyone making anything for the 2022 model yet.  My current and past bikes have had custom built seats.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

49 minutes ago, maverick2076 said:

Just picked up my ‘22 Tracer 9 GT and I’m loving it…except for the seat. The slope shims helped, but the seat is not going to allow me to do multi day touring. 

This is indeed sad, that Yamaha seems incapable of designing a decent seat for this model. It is the one thing that kills any chance of me upgrading to a newer model year. I suspect that if you have the leg length to spare you may have to get a custom seat made.

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

You can try a carseat customizer. They usually do well at figuring what your arse will like. Also, I had a friend who custom made seats for.people relegated to wheelchairs. Might  inquire about that

Terry Adcox in TN had a good reputation for seat modification. See if still in business.

I got canceled on a seat when he got sick. Comfort seats were not available. Rather than not ridey new 2020, I slurged $600 on a Sargeant

Ridiculous, but I got in some rides. Options have opened up some but still are not great. Corbin was horrible for me. Good luck whatever you try.