OEM Bar risers

• Supporting Member

I had an experience where an aftermarket 2019 riser set would not fit a 2017. Search by part number and see what compatible years come up.

Heli referred to an Aftermarket Riser set that wouldn’t fit. 
In my mind, as long as the studs which pass through the upper triple clamp are the same diameter and you order the matching upper handlebar clamp… then they should work. 

I’ll post back here when I’ve had a chance to visually compare the 2.  someone else may chime in here as well…

-Skip

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, stringman said:

does any one know of any lower bar risers available?

I used Rizoma 60mm risers on my 2015 FJ, and am really happy with the results.  The stock bars are now about 1.25” lower, and really suits my preferences for comfort and riding position.   

Some details here: 

• Supporting Member
On 5/12/2022 at 8:18 AM, stringman said:

Thanks for that.

Do you mind me asking why they wouldnt fit? the part numbers are slightly different but they certainly look the same

I tried the Yamaha Tracer 900GT HeliBars / Tour Performance on my 2017 FJ-09 and they would not fit. The model changed after 2018. It was some time ago and I don't remember exactly why. You can check the Helibars website for more info.

https://www.helibars.com/yamaha/yamaha-tracer-900gt/helibars-tour-performance-handlebar-riser-for-yamaha-tracer-900gt/

On 5/17/2022 at 1:30 AM, texscottyd said:

I used Rizoma 60mm risers on my 2015 FJ, and am really happy with the results.  The stock bars are now about 1.25” lower, and really suits my preferences for comfort and riding position.   

Some details here: 

Got a feeling they wont fit the tracer 900 gt! 

But I will check