Accessories info for a new 2020 GT owne

Hey everyone, I know most of this info is probably in here, but I’m hoping I can get some “current” answers for my needs. 

I just bought a nice ‘20 Trader GT that I’m hoping to use as my new 2-up sport touring machine to replace my great ‘11 Triumph Sprint GT that’s getting a little warm and heavy to lug around. I just picked the bike up today and the dealer attempted to order my needs and we found out pretty much everything I want is on backorder with no expected ship date. Needs, and unfortunately these are needs if I’m going to be able keep this bike, are:

- 50L top box, mounting rack and back pad

- Comfort seat (I slide forward on the stock with it in the high position)

First off, if anyone has these used and wants to sell, I’m all ears.

Second, what are some good alternatives to the factory stuff? I looked at some SHAD and GIVI top boxes and mounts and they don’t look as integrated as the factory one and the backrest sits weird, almost straight vertical which my wife hates. 

Third, anyone have any insight into this stuff showing back up stock at Yamaha? Or has it been on backorder forever already? 

I’d like to get this stuff ASAP as the Minnesota riding season is short and I can’t sell the Sprint until the wife signs off on the Tracer. And she won’t sign off until we get the backrest taken care of. 

Thanks for any and all info!!!

Hi miweber929, I recently received the Yamaha rear mounting rack that I ordered from cheap cycle parts about a year ago so you might be able to find one of those around. I'm also selling a Bagster seat for a  2020. Pix and description in this section. 

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member

There is a guy over on the FZ-10/MT-10 site that's had a 50L grey top box for sale for a while? MIght be worth checking out and good luck on your treasure hunt! 👍

• Thumbsup 1

So I seem to have located everything and it’s on the way to me except the 50L top box pad. I’m going to do some more searching tomorrow but I’m getting there. Supposedly Yamaha will have some in 2-3 weeks; here’s hoping!!! 

I think next up is a front and rear fender extender, I don’t want to have as much crap as I normally get kicked up if I rain ride. Any suggestions? 

• Thumbsup 1

Something about the 2020 Tracer 900 GT is Yamaha does not recommend a top case and side cases.  Most folks on here that want to 2 up tour replace the rear shock and spring.  I think the reason for the recommendation of no top case with side cases is it is too easy to overload the bike if doing 2 up.  

I have been running the small Yamaha top case and have had no issues with it.  My touring has been with side cases full plus a 58 liter duffle on the back seat but with very little in the top case.  It holds my lightweight rain jacket and at stops is used for helmet storage.  Occasionally I'll but a six ack of cokes in it but thats for a short ride back to where I'm staying.

I got the top case from Revzilla after asking them to notify me when it came in stock.  Over a year ago but worked well for me.

• Thumbsup 1

20 hours ago, miweber929 said:

So I seem to have located everything and it’s on the way to me except the 50L top box pad. I’m going to do some more searching tomorrow but I’m getting there. Supposedly Yamaha will have some in 2-3 weeks; here’s hoping!!! 

I think next up is a front and rear fender extender, I don’t want to have as much crap as I normally get kicked up if I rain ride. Any suggestions? 

Pyramid in the UK is a good source for fenda extendas. Reasonable, I got mine in 7 days. Search US of course, but if UK shows they have them don't be afraid of overseas.

• Thumbsup 2