Panniers are moving and vibrating

aLbinong

Can you see where its loose? Or if something has broken and been repaired? Lots of materias can snug up gaps. Is the lock latch mechanism good? Seems it should not be too hard to problem solve, although we've all gone thru that before. Good luck.

Interesting. I looked at the bag mounts on a Tracer 9 GT last week and the lower mount points seemed pretty loose and fragile, especially compared to the monster lower mounts on my FJ.

1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

Strangest bag mount setup I’ve seen is on Triumphs.  There the bags are allowed to swing left and right across the bike to facilitate cornering.

I don’t think I’d like a mobile center of gravity when pushing hard in the twistiest however.

Edited by nhchris
  • Thumbsup 1
1968 Triumph Bonneville 650
1971 Norton Commando Roadster
2002 Harley 1200 Sportster
2003 Honda ST 1300
2016 FJ 09

21 minutes ago, nhchris said:

Strangest bag mount setup I’ve seen is on Triumphs.  There the bags are allowed to swing left and right across the bike to facilitate cornering.

I don’t think I’d like a mobile center of gravity when pushing hard in the twistiest however.

You’d be surprised how well that system actually works, and the twisties is where it shines. It’s not really a mobile center of gravity as much as it’s allowing the weight to stay lower, or as low as it can be no matter what the bike is doing. By that I mean you don’t feel a movement or change because it just moves along with the bike.

My Sprint GT has that “floating” mount on the side bags and the top case also is allowed to slightly shift. Other than the additional noise it makes over bumps, it’s a great design that works as intended. . 

Edited by miweber929
  • Thumbsup 2