Hello from Central Iowa!

After putting 13k on my (third) FZ6, I decided an upgrade was in order.  

Being 5'8 with a 29 inch inseam the buffeting above 60mph is a big deal. Even with a windscreen extender/deflector. Waiting on a puig racing and MRA sport to come in. Also I find the shifter to be too short (the rubber bit that contacts your boot). It extends out only 1/3 the footpeg...my fz6 was 2/3rd the footpeg. It's feels uncomfortable to shift without having more leverage, it barely contacts the side of my boot. Anyone know of a replacement shift lever that is longer? 

20230301_203309.jpg

Edited by GainingTheCOVID19
spelling

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, GainingTheCOVID19 said:

Being 5'8 with a 29 inch inseam the buffeting above 60mph is a big deal. Even with a windscreen extender/deflector. Waiting on a puig racing and MRA sport to come in.

It sounds like you are going in the right direction with a "sport" screen on order.  I have tried different screens as well as a deflector but get the smoothest air with a shorter screen.  Hopefully the sport screen works for you.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

1 hour ago, GainingTheCOVID19 said:

... buffeting above 60mph ...Even with a windscreen extender/deflector.

image.png.0f090982d4234d9b7a4bf20a8a2e5590.png

Try raising your deflector. I am also 5'8" and this cheap $30 deflector works great for me at high setting. 

I have clean air up to the top of my visor. If I wear earplugs and close top vent on helmet it is very quiet, with top vent open there is more noise but no buffeting. Previously it was impossibly bad with buffeting.

image.png.666e07d0081dbf4375b15a864a04c9f9.png

I can see over this, with the top of deflector lining up about 40 feet in front of the bike which works well for most windscreens. I don't like to look through them. This should "pull" the air up higher than a typical windshield, where the oncoming air blasts down the air coming up from the windscreen to turbulent garbage.

image.jpeg.6742e59ada7fb94fb9cbc1a7832a0a94.jpeg

1980 Yamaha 850 Triple (sold). Too many bikes to list, FJ-09 is next on my list