Heated gloves vs grips.

1 hour ago, 2and3cylinders said:

Why worry about Batteries you carry around when you've got one between your legs and a decent pair of waterproof gloves that are manageable even behind hand guards and mitts

Battery operated heating apparel only have one advantage ... they can keep you warm when you get off the bike and are walking around. I have found that - for me - the convenience of the battery operation is not balanced with protection, aesthetics, and price. Good winter gloves plus heated grips and, if needed, handlebar mitts would be the way I would go, although the handlebar mitts are typically fugly. 😏

Regards, Grumpy Goat | 2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT & 2016 BMW R1200RS

Insert whynotboth.gif ...

Seriously, all my bikes have heated grips, even if I have to add them myself. They're an essential safety item, they're always there, and they're usable any time to keep your hands flexible and usable. 

If you want to add heated gloves sometimes, fine. 

Also, heated grips work differently than heated gloves. So with both blazing away, you'll have your best shot at keeping your hands warm.

I've ridden in France during cold winter, and winter gloves were enough for me on a bike without heated grips.

Reading all those comments reminded me that time but I'm glad I live in California now, in SF Bay Area, but at least it doesn't get so cold that I need to think about getting heated gloves.

I ride with mid-season gloves with heated grips on when temperature drops and that's largely enough.

The menu to turn them on is really easy on the 2016 model (with 3 presets), not sure about younger version.

Edited by Xstoff