AKRAPOVIC EXHAUST ?

Anyone know or are using the Akrapovic  S-Y9R3 on newer Tracer  {2020}

The Akrapovic website calls out for the S-Y9R8 with carbon cap ,while shopping most outlets are coming up with the S-Y9R3 saying it fits 2020,

I prefer the looks of the older pipe {no carbon cap} ,these dam bikes are so sensitive I would hate to install and have the computer pick up some weird reading and have it lock something out ,, I once  ran the bike for a few seconds with back wheel off the ground and it cancelled Cruise control  and engine warning light was always on.  

Thanks 

I am using this one on my 2019 and it also fits the 2020.  Tucks neatly under the bike the same as the stock exhaust.  I left the baffle in as I did not want my bike to be too loud.  

Akrapovic Yamaha FZ-09 / MT-09 2014-2020 Racing Line Titanium Full Exhaust (sportbiketrackgear.com)

There is nothing like spending a day riding with friends in the grip of a shared obsession.

On 5/30/2023 at 3:59 AM, johnmark101 said:

I am using this one on my 2019 and it also fits the 2020.  Tucks neatly under the bike the same as the stock exhaust.  I left the baffle in as I did not want my bike to be too loud.  

Akrapovic Yamaha FZ-09 / MT-09 2014-2020 Racing Line Titanium Full Exhaust (sportbiketrackgear.com)

On 5/30/2023 at 3:59 AM, johnmark101 said:

Yup got mine at the same place ,,I had this one on my mt 07 I like the end cap better ,all and all not that big a deal 

thanks 

https://www.sportbiketrackgear.com/akrapovic-yamaha-fz-09-14-17-racing-titanium-full-exhaust-system/

• 11 months later...

I am ready to buy a new exhaust for my 2020 Tracer. I like the look of the Stainless and Titanium full system from Akrapovic. Seems most vendors list the Stainless, Carbon fiber and Titanium system for my model. I'll picture both below.

Figured it would be better to ask my question in this thread as it's related. Will the SS & Ti system fit my 2020? I've asked two vendors and have not got an answer yet. Thanks.

I want this one.

akrapovic_exhaust_system_yamaha_fz092014_750x750.jpg.c2a500e09fa50bbe9614c1f7178c2e6d.jpg

Not this one.

akrapovic_racing_line_titanium_sy9_r8_hegeht_750x750CF.jpg.ffa0d87e590a018f9a5c472a5f42d68d.jpg

I wanted that one on my 2020 Tracer also ,much better looking had it on my FZ07,   so I contacted Akrapovic and they wouldn't tell me yes or no but instead said each pipe is specifically made for each model ,if you go to their site the one you dont like comes up ,,the other one you like comes up with older bike ,these bikes are so computer sensitive I didn't want to take a chance ,let us know how it works out ,hope it does.  So FYI ,my head pipes have turned an ugly brown and blue discoloration ,,I can send a pic later if interested .I contacted both STG and Akrapovic and got the run around . I also wasn't happy with the sound ,,it was obnoxious without the DB so I drilled a couple holes in it  ,first one ,then 2 and the 3 one was the charm for me ,,sounds awesome ,,one more thing the bike had a lovely low pop pop pop on low deceleration ,but at higher rpms it had a Nasty backfire POP ,,Two wheel dyno told me theres an air return that needs to be plugged ,,that took care of it ,,I put a marble in the hose 

Good Luck

I have this one on my 2017, it also fits the 2020, you need to remove the centre stand though.

Sound is amazing and it looks great.

Akrocloseup.thumb.jpg.5d08563499df934b6cc96cfa2e5925b7.jpgAkrofullsystem.thumb.jpg.86c7b48f67a8edcc998581671c9955f5.jpg

The exhaust came in yesterday. Two of the "new" gaskets came in today. One is still not shipped. I say "new" because they are obviously used. I have ordered 3 new ones from another source. So this project is delayed.

Thoughts on reusing the current ones on the bike?

The headers are never a perfect alignment with the head. The crush washer will adjust any misalignment when torqued to spec, which is not very tight. 
A used one is already crushed and deformed to the old header, so might not seal properly to the new one. 
Unless you’re in a hurry, I’d wait. 

• Thumbsup 1

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed I also installed the TI race version on a 2020 Tracer 900GT without the CAT. It fits really nice and no need to remove the centerstand.

A question for the group and some sound readings.

If you have this system are you seeing an Increase in fuel economy? Before install I averaged 46mpg. Today I hit 50mpg on a spirited ride over 220mi. I had expected mileage to get a little worse?? No ECU flash and no other airbox changes.

Sound readings:

Stock: idle 82dBA / 5k rpm 93dBA

System with baffle no Cat: idle 90dBA / 5k rpm 99dBA

Plenty loud so I will leave the baffle in. Looks easy to remove though as it has a set screw and a rubber cover.

20240608_172943.jpg

Edited by Bobpdx
  • Thumbsup 1

21 hours ago, Bobpdx said:

Confirmed I also installed the TI race version on a 2020 Tracer 900GT without the CAT. It fits really nice and no need to remove the centerstand.

A question for the group and some sound readings.

If you have this system are you seeing an Increase in fuel economy? Before install I averaged 46mpg. Today I hit 50mpg on a spirited ride over 220mi. I had expected mileage to get a little worse?? No ECU flash and no other airbox changes.

Sound readings:

Stock: idle 82dBA / 5k rpm 93dBA

System with baffle no Cat: idle 90dBA / 5k rpm 99dBA

Plenty loud so I will leave the baffle in. Looks easy to remove though as it has a set screw and a rubber cover.

20240608_172943.jpg

I havn't had it long enough to track gas mileage. I can say though I usually average 41 MPG.