Matching chicken strips

Anyone else find you corner one way better than the other? I've had to work at the left side to make the chicken strips match left to right. I'm about the middle of the Dunlop logo's circle.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

• Premium Member
This is quite common in the UK as you are more likely to lean further going clockwise on roundabouts as you very quickly become familiar with the level of grip, angles etc. if it is a local one.

Like you I'm half way over the Dunlop logo on each side, but it took longer to get that far on the left side.

What I have not done despite being fairly close to the edge of the tyre, is scrape those silly peg feelers. The toe of my boot has scraped the ground a few times but no marks on those feelers.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I removed my peg feelers purely for asthetic reasons.
are they threaded or an interference fit. I've noticed there are some flats but it seems they don't want to turn. After the experience with the cheese allen bolt on the footpeg carrier I'm loathe to apply much force...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Even on mine. I'm thinking easiest way to do left side is go through a roundabout and to wear out the right-side is to find an exit ramp off of highway that has a smooth curve. I haven't tried it, but sounds like a good theory. Then again, I think you just ride about and eventually you'll wear to the edge.

are they threaded or an interference fit. I've noticed there are some flats but it seems they don't want to turn. After the experience with the cheese allen bolt on the footpeg carrier I'm loathe to apply much force...

They are definitely threaded.
2015 Matte Grey
Modded stock exhaust, modded stock screen, modded stock seat, OEM heated grips, LED indicators, FlashTuned ECU, ZX10R shock

• Premium Member
Installed with locktite. Crank away. In the picture you can see the threads. 
20150116_102826_zps9a3673b7.jpg

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
I recently bought a nice 120 piece set of Halfords Professional Tools as the tools I had stored in my mother's garage went missing. The spanners go down to 8mm and it seems those flats are 6 or 7mm and not long enough to get my adjustable spanner onto. So, a 6/7mm spanner from Ebay is on its way for £1.19

Thanks to a few 270 degree on-ramps, I'm pretty close to the edge on the right side. Assuming dry pavement on the 8 twistier sections on this route, I should get the left matching on May 15.

Morning: http://tinyurl.com/mmudxl2
Afternoon: http://tinyurl.com/qztsrwe

My first longish ride on the FJ-09, about 1,500 km over 3 days. Spring Fling weekend. w00t! 8-)

FJ-09, 690 Enduro R.
Back Roads. Period.

My left is near on non existent but my right has maybe 1cm. Put it down to not wanting to put my head into oncoming traffic.
That would be opposite for me, but I still have more on my right side.  ::)

Archived