Colored (vs. black) saddlebag panels on 21-22 Tracer 9GT?

I've randomly seen these, mainly in some European videos or photos - just in red, on the new model Tracer 9 GT. On my (US) bike they are black. I would love to get these as the bike could use some more color IMHO, especially in the rear.

Long shot, but thought I'd try.

Tracer - RED bags.jpg

Unfortunately it's looking like they don't ship to the US. At least I was unable to enter my address - it kept trying to match it to a UK address. Tried a different browser, but it had other issues. Frustrating. I emailed the general Yamaha customer service dept., and they are supposedly forwarding it to the correct dept.

Not giving up yet!

Looking at your picture of the  red colored panels and my US 22 9 GT bags, the panels  are not the same shape and the bags themsleves are slightly different.

• Thumbsup 1

I'm glad someone is paying attention. I thought about that but didn't recall seeing the part # - but yeah, it's really small but it's there. I had tried eBay several months ago and gave up. But having a part # can do wonders.

Thanks once again.

Lather - 

You are correct - hadn't noticed. I better confirm this obviously. My bike's are the same as yours (except I was able to remove those ugly, protruding reflectors - slight improvement).

I've found them at a couple of European sites though - so I will see if their version is different than ours (wouldn't be the first time!).

Thanks!

I was considering this awhile back and did similar searches but just gave up. I may just try plastidip'ing the sides if I can get an accurate color (i have the silver model).

I was looking at accessories on the Euro Yamaha site and see that they have a set of slim panniers for the Tracer 9. I'm not sure as the photos were not great but I believe the red panels in the original picture are the slim panniers, which would explain the different shape. I actually have a spare set of panels and think I may try to paint them matching red 

• Supporting Member
4 hours ago, lather said:

Looking at your picture of the  red colored panels and my US 22 9 GT bags, the panels  are not the same shape and the bags themsleves are slightly different.

Nice catch.

• 1 month later...

I did look at Lather's response, and those are definitely the slim bags. 

Here's a shot of the right bag with the red panel (left) and my right bad with the black panel - they look identical to me. In any case, thanks for the heads up - I should probably order them from a vendor with easy returns 🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.1e1853f82bb8d50f86b2ddb9e3105e0c.jpeg

Edited by claytonia