Give it the beans!

maximNikenGT

• Supporting Member

Was watching the Fortnine video on using the wrong RPM on my motorcycle:

Got me thinking that I'm generally shifting well under 4500 RPMs.

Looking at what Cycle World's HP vs. Torque chart is for the 2019 Niken GT, that suggests that I should be running up to 8k+ RPMs more often to optimize torque/hp or 10k RPMs to top out my max hp on my Niken. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/Taqnmx92wFBp4L876

In case you all needed additional reason to hop on your bikes to ride...

2019NikenGT_HPchart.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

I got out and rode today after almost 4 weeks off due to vacation. I had watched the Fortnine video on giving it beans a couple of weeks ago, and can say that on todays ride I cleaned the carbon out 😉

• Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, Heli ATP said:

I got out and rode today after almost 4 weeks off due to vacation. I had watched the Fortnine video on giving it beans a couple of weeks ago, and can say that on todays ride I cleaned the carbon out 😉

Its interesting, after watching his video, I decided to consciously pay attention to what rpm's I ride at. 

While on my recent 3 day trip I found myself often in 4th gear up to about 60-ish mph, even on longer highway sections.  5th gear up to around 70mph and rarely used 6th except when on the interstate highway sections or above 70mph.

I felt most comfortable keeping the motor around 5,000-6,500rpm under normal conditions before shifting up or down, overtaking a vehicle or using the passing lane were usually 4th or 5th gear up to about 8,500 rpm.

• Thumbsup 5

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***