Going down one tooth on front sprocket

Smokamoto 

what year is your bike ? Your gauges look similar to mine on the newer split screen . I cannot get my bike to lift up unless I am really trying hard in 1 gear . 
I’m wondering if it’s becusze the newer models have that 2 inch extra wheel base making it harder to lift . 
or… is my bike really out of tune due to the new exhaust I put on ? 
im waiting for the ecu to get reflashed next week . 

so does your newer model come ip on its own when your hammering it ? Or do you gotta clutch up to pick it up ? 
thanks

• Thumbsup 1

On 8/25/2023 at 8:30 PM, BostonDanny said:

Smokamoto 

what year is your bike ? Your gauges look similar to mine on the newer split screen . I cannot get my bike to lift up unless I am really trying hard in 1 gear . 
I’m wondering if it’s becusze the newer models have that 2 inch extra wheel base making it harder to lift . 

so does your newer model come ip on its own when your hammering it ? Or do you gotta clutch up to pick it up ? 
thanks

2021 Tracer GT, stock engine & exhaust, had the factory recall re-flash done. In 1st gear it will power lift at will 😁.

• Thanks 1

On 8/24/2023 at 10:01 AM, Ride365 said:

Turn off traction control? I have no issues at all doing a wheelie on my 20gt..........no issues.

My 2020, 1st gear power lift no problem {those are scary } ,2and gear need clutch ,3rd gear no way Oh and T C on ,does it make a difference off ? never tried it ,probably cause it defaults when you start bike 

Edited by Bill H
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2023 at 9:56 AM, BostonDanny said:

Bwringer thanks brother . Yeah I’ve Learned that the fj09 is completely a different beast . And i don’t understand becusze my motor is 50cc bigger ! 
but the Swingarm must make a huge difference because I rode my buddy’s older model and it was what made me decided to buy a tracer . And I’ve been thinking something’s wrong with mine becusze of the difference with the wheelie capability’s. It’s good to learn there’s been changes made to the length of the bike and that’s contributing to it being much less wheelie prone . But it’s very sad for me . 
I had an opportunity to buy an fj09 with low miles for half the price of my bike . But I went with a new one instead becusze of the updates and what I thought was an upgrade ! 
but there like two differsnf bikes now .

all I can hope for is a big difference once my ecu is flashed and maybe I can do a stage 2 dna filter to get some more torque as well . 
And maybe I can change out the rear sprocket to a couple teeth extra . Like 16 front and change the 45 rear to 47 . 
I’m determined to figure it out and get this bad boy to act like the hooligan your referring to ! 
and for anyone else following along yes I have shit off the tc and I’m in driving mode 1 so it’s just the bike itself needs some extra tuning . 
thanks again ! 

On 8/24/2023 at 8:49 AM, bwringer said:

You're in the wrong RPM range entirely to torque it up.

You gotta spin it to win it, dude. It's a screamer, not a chugger.

The front end will come up with throttle alone in first, second, and third, whether you want it to or not. It took me a few weeks to recalibrate my corner exits after I got my FJ-09.

Yes, the longer swingarm on the later models makes this a little harder.

And it sounds like yours is having tuning issues after replacing the exhaust; honestly I'd dial back the hooliganism until you get a good reflash and throttle response is entirely predictable again. Or put the stock exhaust back on until then so it'll run right.

wow you must have some super bike or they made a lot of changes on newer models ,there's no way in hell my 2020 will lift as you claim ,let alone 3rd ,2and gear with clutch and thats it ,BTW I have the full akropovic  it only made it run stronger ,,so glad I did it 

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 8:30 PM, BostonDanny said:

Smokamoto 

thanks

10 hours ago, Smokamoto said:

2021 Tracer GT, stock engine & exhaust, had the factory recall re-flash done. In 1st gear it will power lift at will 😁.

your gonna need the clutch in 2and all day ,at least thats how mine is 

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1