AGV Sportmodular Helmet Carbon - Size XL

daboo

AGV Sport Modular Helmet, size XL. Glossy black. Near perfect condition.

My mistake is your gain. I ordered an XL based on the sizing chart. I should've ordered a Large instead. Otherwise, I love the helmet.

AGV has made probably the lightest modular helmet on the market. It weighs almost a full pound less than other premium helmets...Revzilla says it is 3.2 lbs. Full carbon, including the chin bar. Everything on this helmet is designed to minimize the weight. Even the chin strap D-rings are made of titanium. The visor comes off with the simplest tool-less design I've ever seen. Ventilation is superb. And it also comes with a Pinlock visor insert to keep the visor from fogging.

I like it enough that I didn't hesitate to order another...but in the correct size.

Asking $449.  Edit - Lowered to $299.

Chris

zPnSjPU - Imgur.jpg

CyntBbT - Imgur.jpg

EjUXGCa - Imgur (1).jpg

l7PnViD - Imgur.jpg

XpaO7Nf - Imgur.jpg

Edited by daboo
Lowered price.

• Premium Member

By the way when we developed Carbon fiber originally back in the 70s for the space program we put a Kevlar honeycomb sleeve on round members to protect them from impact because their impact resistance was very low but Extended in 0 gravity it Was adequate 

In earth gravity it couldn't support it's on weight

• 7 months later...

Sorry for not answering your posts.  I didn't get a notification, so didn't know you'd asked some questions.

Yes, it is an intermediate oval.  @2and3cylinders, it fits fine other than being loose.  I bought the L and it fits me fine.  On the L, the chin bar is a little close, but not a problem.  I should've known I'd have a problem fitting an XL, since this is the only helmet that I've owned that was an XL.

I love the AGV Sportmodular.  It brings a smile to my face everytime I pick it up.  It's that light.

A great review on the AGV Sportmodular can be found here:

I want to move the helmet.  I paid over $600 for it originally, and have lowered the price to $299, plus shipping.

Chris

• Thumbsup 2

• daboo changed the title to AGV Sportmodular Helmet Carbon - Size XL

:D Now I need to stop by your place.  When I replaced my BMW F800GT, I ended up with a BMW F900XR.  (I liked the looks better than the new Tracer.)  It'd be interesting to set your bike up next to mine and just see how they compare.

I'm glad you got the helmet.  It was an excellent deal.

Chris