Foot pegs

SeaDuck

• Supporting Member
10 hours ago, DHDad said:

am amazed there aren't more posts about rear sets, foot pegs on this forum.

I've wondered this myself, and chalked it up to a lack of available options - the choices aren't compelling.  I was able to move my shifter up a few splines, so good enough, but it'd be nice to move the pegs down a bit instead.

• Thumbsup 1

2015 FJ-09 / FJR touring bags / oil plug mod / Evotech rad guard / SW Motech bash plate / VStream touring windshield / Seat Concepts:  Sport Touring / Vcyclenut ABS rings (speedo correction) / Cosmo RAM mount

16 hours ago, OldBikers said:

I have no issues with my size 45 (10.5 US) shifting.  I did notice that the thicker soles of my hiking boots does impede shifting a little bit but still usable. 

My Daytona riding boots do have very thick soles but not an issue on my other two bikes

6 hours ago, knyte said:

I've wondered this myself, and chalked it up to a lack of available options - the choices aren't compelling.  I was able to move my shifter up a few splines, so good enough, but it'd be nice to move the pegs down a bit instead.

I will report back on how the Puig setup works or doesn't once I get them installed

• Thumbsup 1

I wear size 12 boots and found the clearance to get my toe under the shifter too small.  I adjusted the length of the shift rod to raise the shifter peg a bit.  For me, problem solved.

On 10/14/2023 at 5:25 AM, DHDad said:

I am amazed there aren't more posts about rear sets, foot pegs on this forum. Tried both positions and find it almost impossible to get my riding boot toe under the shifter. I'm not big foot either, size 42 riding boot/9.5 US. Pic ^^^ from 2and3cylinders appears to be an older 900 not a 9 GT.

I just measured the distance between the center of the foot peg to the center of the shifter on all my bikes. My Monster is 6.25", Ninja 6" and Tracer only 5.5" plus the fattest of the foot pegs and biggest diameter rubber cover on the shifter making the distance even smaller.

Not many options either I've found. Woodcraft makes rear sets but they state "for racing only" as they don't fold. Plus quite pricey.

I'm going to give the Puig foot pegs with the 20mm 360 degree adjuster, should at least get me back to the distance I have on the other bikes.

It seems a silly question, but have you adjusted the gear lever up?

I have size 43 boots that are very heavy duty and have no problems with fit under it. 
it’s a bit too high when I wear my summer short ventilated boots but not enough to readjust. 

On 10/14/2023 at 7:59 PM, OZVFR said:

It seems a silly question, but have you adjusted the gear lever up?

I have size 43 boots that are very heavy duty and have no problems with fit under it. 
it’s a bit too high when I wear my summer short ventilated boots but not enough to readjust. 

Yes I have, Yaman is your's a 9 GT? That shifter looks nothing like mine. Maybe you have the older model?

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Any recommendations for higher footpegs?

The pegs you see on my bike rotate 360 so you can bring them up and back if you want easy peasy and pretty damn cheap good quality have held up to my girth!

Don't know why you'd want to though because the FJ tracer et cetera are designed to be comfortable not a sport bike necessarily.

I rented a 16 in San Diego in March and some idiot had put on a set of rear sets, they were just awful, painful and it shifted like crap, so I wouldn't advise it

22 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

The pegs you see on my bike rotate 360 so you can bring them up and back if you want easy peasy and pretty damn cheap good quality have held up to my girth!

Don't know why you'd want to though because the FJ tracer et cetera are designed to be comfortable not a sport bike necessarily.

I rented a 16 in San Diego in March and some idiot had put on a set of rear sets, they were just awful, painful and it shifted like crap, so I wouldn't advise it

I have a Russell Daylong on my bike. Which raises the seating position. The distance to the pegs was borderline before the new seat. Is it ok with you if I try to make my bike comfortable to me?