Foot pegs

SeaDuck

It's ebay ... reach out to the seller for confirmation of fit.  I looked at those but opted for the, rubber-topped, FJR footpegs off Amazon for $20.

• Thumbsup 3

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• Premium Member

I've been running the 25 mm forward and down for 3 years.

I don't think the 40 mm will work because there's not shifter and rear brake adjustments. 

No significant vibration and solid as a rock.

Had the rubber clones but these are better; especially with a decent saddle, bars with more sweep and a bit more rise and a wind screen to taste.

20230909_131457.jpg

• Premium Member

Good luck Bigfoot 😄

I'm only a size 45 but still really like em.

The longer and much wider platform is also a huge bonus.

Their only drawback is the 10 mm width of the rotating adapter pushing your instep out but you get used to that.  On the other hand, moving out 10 mm helps a bit with your heels interfering with the peg mounts when your well up on the balls of your feet; which for a size 13 must be even worse. 

The are well made IMO and have bourne my excessive mass amazingly well especially give I must use the Cowboy mount to ascend and decend!!!

BTW their design for rotation is a cheapened take on the MFW Vario footpegs, which use an interfacing castle nut clamp up versus these pin & slot mesh up.

You'll understand once you get them.

I recommend using blue thread sealant on both the fasteners and pins & slots ONCE your sure you have the pegs where you want them.

https://twistedthrottle.com/shop/ergonomics/foot-pegs/mfw-vario-footpeg-mounts-for-yamaha-yzf-r6-03-19-yzf-r1-00-19-rider-silver/?attribute_pa_color=black&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIsqGr6ciigQMVhQitBh0ZvwNUEAQYAiABEgLiXvD_BwE

• Thumbsup 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

As a side note, has anybody tried? Bending the 6 mil rod U extension heal guard that keeps you from backing up into the pipe just a little bit? I mean, how often are you gonna be Sittin with your feet back at idle at a light?

Yep, I did it successfully. 
It wasn’t a lot but enough to make a difference. 

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, 2and3cylinders said:

You use a propane touch to preheat the bends?

New project to maybe sneak in before badly needed brake flush n bleed, change air filter and plugs n chk tb sync...

No, rubber mallet.

But I very accurately guessed how hard to beat the crap out of it.

Grab a mallet 2&3, repeat to yourself: "this is not rocket science", and go for it 🙂

It actually only took one hit.

Edited by OZVFR
  • Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, OZVFR said:

No, rubber mallet.

But I very accurately guessed how hard to beat the crap out of it.

Grab a mallet 2&3, repeat to yourself: "this is not rocket science", and go for it 🙂

It actually only took one hit.

But I'm a retired rocket scientist! 

How about using a dead blow hammer instead; as it's easier to gauge force transfer without rebound. 😎

• Thumbsup 1

• 1 month later...

I am amazed there aren't more posts about rear sets, foot pegs on this forum. Tried both positions and find it almost impossible to get my riding boot toe under the shifter. I'm not big foot either, size 42 riding boot/9.5 US. Pic ^^^ from 2and3cylinders appears to be an older 900 not a 9 GT.

I just measured the distance between the center of the foot peg to the center of the shifter on all my bikes. My Monster is 6.25", Ninja 6" and Tracer only 5.5" plus the fattest of the foot pegs and biggest diameter rubber cover on the shifter making the distance even smaller.

Not many options either I've found. Woodcraft makes rear sets but they state "for racing only" as they don't fold. Plus quite pricey.

I'm going to give the Puig foot pegs with the 20mm 360 degree adjuster, should at least get me back to the distance I have on the other bikes.

• Thumbsup 1