SHOEI Neotec 3

dazzler24

On 2/4/2024 at 6:51 PM, pilgo said:

Neo 2 plain are $599 at Revzila currently 👍 

That is because the Neo 3 is about to hit the shelves in a few weeks, trying to get rid of innovatory. Not a bad price really.

I'm still saving my lunch money up for the Neo 3 (not going with the GT air 3 anymore). All most got enough..

On 2/7/2024 at 10:47 PM, 2and3cylinders said:

How much for da 3, $750?

Well the 2 is $599 with a $200 dollar discount. I'm thinking the 3 is going to get up in the low mid $800 with the additional tweaks and adding the #3 to the name.

It will also meet the new ECE 22.06 homologated standard..

Edited by Eventhorizon

• Supporting Member

FWIW, this is the list pricing for us here down under which equates to around US$840 for the plain Black or White and US$970 for the decaled ones - at today's exchange rate.

image.thumb.png.14efa9007fdc336200b52851793d4630.png

• Sad 1

• Supporting Member
13 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Wow that is a helluva lot of money, I can upgrade my entire suspension for that. 

Agreed.  Although some might say what price do put on your head comfort, safety and quality level.

But yea, very expen$ive.  I for one will certainly be looking harder at equivalents when the time comes around again. 

10 hours ago, dazzler24 said:

Agreed.  Although some might say what price do put on your head comfort, safety and quality level.

But yea, very expen$ive.  I for one will certainly be looking harder at equivalents when the time comes around again. 

Helmet price isn't really about safety, it's mostly about fit/finish/comfort/weight and optical clarity of the visor. That is why I like the HJC RPHA series so much, you get a high-end helmet without quite the Shoei and Arai price tag. 

• Thumbsup 4
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Ride365 said:

Helmet price isn't really about safety, it's mostly about fit/finish/comfort/weight and optical clarity of the visor. That is why I like the HJC RPHA series so much, you get a high-end helmet without quite the Shoei and Arai price tag. 

I took a look at the HJC RPHA series and your right they are not "quite" as expensive as the Shoei and Arai but they are solidly "mid priced".

I took a look at cyclegear site for modular helmets and there are a few that are around $450 and below that do still meet the ECE 22.06 testing if a modular helmet is a must. Not sure about fit and finish but if a modular is a must there are a some that are in the low to mid pricing that still meet the new standard.

• Thumbsup 2

I can vouch for the RPHA 70, around 18,000km on it now.

It's very well made, fit and finish is excellent and internals are quality feel.

The visor is great, the ventilation is not as good as my old Shark Spartan carbon but it's acceptable, it is quieter than the Shark.

The sun visor on the other hand has a very soft finish and had very fine swirl marks after my first clean which was a disappointment. Not terminal but annoying just the same. The old Shark sun visor had around 70,000km on it and was still unmarked.

AMX were having a clearance sale and they priced matched AU$490 from Chromeburner (which is my go to for gear), the new RPHA71 is a lot more expensive now.

Everything is a lot more expensive now.

Edited by OZVFR
  • Thumbsup 2

Anyone got a HJC RPHA-91 that they use? I see some HJC love in this thread and want to know if anyone got any experience with this helmet?

I see its "pinlock ready" but does not come with a pin lock, unless I'm wrong or reading this wrong. Depending on the price of the pinlock it wont push it too close to the price of the Neotech 3 but it would push this a little above mid range price.

Wow that blows, my RPHA 70 carbon came with a pinlock insert........but they are not expensive, sucks you have to purchase separately but at least the visor is equipped for such. I don't think all Shoei and Arai come with Pinlock inserts either, but are also Pinlock ready? 

• Supporting Member

Just to throw my 2 cents in, I wear an LS2 Valiant. This modular has a chin bar that rotates 180deg so you don't get the sail effect when it's open at speed. It has a drop down sun visor and comes with a pinlock all for around $300. Helmet preference is as diverse as tire preference. Just thought I would throw this option out there.

20210620_182131.jpg

20210620_182201.jpg

20210620_182214.jpg

20210620_182219.jpg

20210620_182240.jpg

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Supporting Member
On 2/16/2024 at 6:32 AM, Ride365 said:

+1 for the HJC RPHA 70 ST here too, 4-years with it this coming April. I also agree (in my experience) that after a certain price point you're paying for luxury, comfort, and optical technology; rather than a more safe helmet. You either meet SNELL/ECE for the track, or you don't.

Apparently the successor is the RPHA 71, and it seems like a downgrade by many reviews? I hate the proprietary comms cutout many vendors are doing now, and in the case of the RPHA 71 the extra cutout is another hole that lets in wind noise through, on top of being less friendly to 3rd party communication sets.

LS2's new line of helmets look fantastic and the prices are right. Challenger GT looks competitive to the RPHA ST line. The Citation II is super light and under $300; pinlock insert included.

Also, for those of you in the USA: like most motorcycle accessories I've found it's much cheaper to by from an EU vendor and just wait the week for it to ship to the USA. Just a quick search shows USA vendor TheVisorshop.com has it priced at $821.80 which matches @dazzler24's conversion from AUD in his picture above.

Motostorm.it saves almost $200 if you don't mind waiting on the shipping:

image.thumb.png.cdfdc678d2ae22ed1a201cc5e4071be1.png

• Thumbsup 3

Agree that I am not overall a fan of the latest RPHA 71, which is why I opted for the 70 Carbon instead "got it for a steal too". :) Hopefully my helmet lasts for years to come, and whatever changes HJC makes to the RPHA series going forward, they take critical feedback from consumers. It is interesting that some of the best deals on Shoei or Arai here stateside, can be had ordering from Europe.