• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Heated grips stock?

jcarlson9

• Supporting Member
31 minutes ago, jcarlson9 said:

I was changing out my bars and noticed wires going to the grips. Are they heated grips stock ? Thanks

'15-'17 FJ-09 had heated grips available as an option.  Tracer GT models came with heated grips as standard equipment.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
1 hour ago, jcarlson9 said:

Also.. I bought a tapping tool to try and thread the bars, but there too small. Any ideas what size i need? Thanks.

It would be the thread pitch size of the bar inserts you are using.  I got rid of the factory hand guards and I replaced the original handlebars with Rizoma bars and bar end weights from an FZ1 so I'm not sure of the thread pitch for the oem parts.  

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Were you not aware you had heated grips this entire time? Swapping bars can be a hassle for many reasons, seems you have started to have that occur. Some great wisdom and experience here on the forum, hope you get everything swapped over successfully. :) 

Edited by Ride365
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ride365 said:

Were you not aware you had heated grips this entire time? Swapping bars can be a hassle for many reasons, seems you have started to have that occur. Some great wisdom and experience here on the forum, hope you get everything swapped over successfully. :) 

I just got the bike a month  ago. Lots to learn. Yes, it's  a bit of work  but thats fine. Here in So Cal heated grips really aren't  needed. Now to find where the wires are plugged in so I can disconnect  them.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
7 hours ago, jcarlson9 said:

Can't get the damn photos straight.

Yea, I've had that problem occasionally too.  My cludgy 'fix' is to use the snipping tool (in Windows in my case) on the original photo and that seems to straighten things out when the snip is posted. 🤷‍♂️

Not elegant, but works!