My Arrow Order is Placed!!

FigJam-OhNine

Well, after some humming and hawing, I've decided to throw my credit card at an Arrow!

I called 2 Wheel Dynoworks to talk about Arrow vs Two Brothers, and they helped make my decision. Their main argument is that the Arrow has one tune. Baffle in our out, it doesn't matter. Same tune. Two Brothers has different tunes for bare pipe, 4dB reducer, 7dB reducer, spark reducer, etc... any accessory requires a different tune. Also, according to them, the best improvement with Two Brothers is bare pipe, adding the 4dB reducer gives some gain, anything more than that and you can actually lose HP from stock. 

They couldn't shut up about their praise for Arrow, so I'm going to go with that. Once it's on, I'm taking a trip to get the ECU flashed in person. 

Coming from Italy, so it will be a few weeks, but I got the full system with racing collector and the Dark Aluminum slip on with Carby end cap.

I ordered from Bayside Performance in Vancouver, BC, which is great because they're Canadian like me!

Slip on:

http://www.baysideperformance.ca/2015-fj-09-arrow-thunder-slip-on-aluminum-dark-w-cf-cap

Collector:

http://www.baysideperformance.ca/13-15-fj-09-arrow-racing-collectors

Im running TwoBrothers with the 7db insert . I can tell Ive lost a bit of torque from a dead stop , but the motor now rips thru the RPM range so much easier than the stock pipe . My butt dyno tells me its a big improvement . Savin some more dollars for the ECU reflash at this time

Im running TwoBrothers with the 7db insert . I can tell Ive lost a bit of torque from a dead stop , but the motor now rips thru the RPM range so much easier than the stock pipe . My butt dyno tells me its a big improvement . Savin some more dollars for the ECU reflash at this time
Butt Dyno... priceless lol :D 
Per the 2Wheel Dynoworks folks, you may want to try the 4dB insert. If you can live with that volume level, you'll get good gains post flash.

Butt Dyno... priceless lol :D 
Per the 2Wheel Dynoworks folks, you may want to try the 4dB insert. If you can live with that volume level, you'll get good gains post flash.
Nice, waiting for ride report with your ECU flashed. These are on my bucket list. 
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

I would love to remove the DB killer all together , but I dont think my neighbors would appreciate it as I leave for work at 5:15 am daily . The TwoBrothers system with the 7DB insert is right at the limit for tolerable noise to myself , neighbors , law enforecment .

The waiting is the hardest part...

...but... while I'm waiting... Can anyone tell me if there are any issues I can expect in the period of time between installing my new Arrow exhaust and riding down to @2wheeldynoworks to get my ECU flashed? Is it better to leave the DB killer (baffle) in before it's flashed or does it matter? I know I'll probably get some popping and fire before it's flashed, but as long as it doesn't cause any harm or discolour the pipes I can live with that in the short term.

:D

It's definitely an improvement but definitely needs to be optimized! Luckily there's a product out there that does that ;)

• 2 weeks later...
BTW, I was wondering: is that a necessity to replace the collector as well?
I had Arrows exhausts on my Street Triple and liked the sound ver much but at the time, it was only the slipons, no collector change.

BTW, I was wondering: is that a necessity to replace the collector as well? I had Arrows exhausts on my Street Triple and liked the sound ver much but at the time, it was only the slipons, no collector change.
Necessity? No. Added benefit? Yes. Most of the added HP of an after market exhaust is with a full system change. A slip on is mainly just paying money for sound. Plus, it's not plug and play. You have to surgically remove the catalytic converter to add a slip on to the FJ and for most slipons, you have to remove the center stand if you want to go that route. The cat is welded on.  
Either way, it's already paid for. Just delayed. 

BTW, I was wondering: is that a necessity to replace the collector as well? I had Arrows exhausts on my Street Triple and liked the sound ver much but at the time, it was only the slipons, no collector change.
Necessity? No. Added benefit? Yes. Most of the added HP of an after market exhaust is with a full system change and an ECU flash (which I'll be doing shortly after the exhaust is on). A slip on is mainly just paying money for sound. Plus, it's not plug and play. You have to surgically remove the catalytic converter to add a slip on to the FJ and for most slipons, you have to remove the center stand if you want to go that route. The cat is welded on.  
Either way, it's already paid for. Just delayed. 

• 2 weeks later...
Arrow exhaust arrived yesterday. Installing it was a tedious exercise in lining up all the pieces of the collector properly.

I don't have a picture yet, but that will come soon. Looks good though.

I can't decide if I'll ride with the baffle in or out. It's definitely loud without it. The high end is about the same, but the low end bassy rumble reverberates through the helmet like crazy without it. I may end up using it, but I don't want a performance drop.

I'm hoping to head to 2Wheel Dynoworks this weekend to have my ECU flashed, and I'm sure they can lend some insight into the performance differences with the baffle in/out.

Archived