My Arrow Order is Placed!!

FigJam-OhNine

Arrow exhaust arrived yesterday. Installing it was a tedious exercise in lining up all the pieces of the collector properly.  
I don't have a picture yet, but that will come soon. Looks good though.

I can't decide if I'll ride with the baffle in or out. It's definitely loud without it. The high end is about the same, but the low end bassy rumble reverberates through the helmet like crazy without it. It also overpowers the engine a little too much. Riding with the baffle in is actually a nice harmony between the engine and exhaust sound. Both are louder than stock. I may end up using it, but I don't want a performance drop.

I'm hoping to head to 2Wheel Dynoworks this weekend to have my ECU flashed, and I'm sure they can lend some insight into the performance differences with the baffle in/out.

If the difference is negligible, I may leave it in. 

Well, I rode some highway miles with the baffle out. Yup. That's freakin loud. I put a little anti-seize on the baffle and put it in for the ride home to compare. It's a very tight fit. Even with the anti-seize, I don't know if I'll get it back out again. Getting it out in the first place before I installed it was a bit of a chore, but since the slip on wasn't installed yet, I could whack it out from the inside.

Based on how tight it fits, it may have made my decision for me if it doesn't come out again...

• 2 months later...
When your muffler is very hot, say right after you get back from a ride, spray compressed air, or use "dust off" compressed Co2 that's commonly used to clean/dust computer stuff.
The cold spray of air on your dB killer will cause it to get cold first, and contract more than the hot muffler housing.

Should make removal possible with the right tools. Hot parts, so wear gloves, use needle nose pliers, or if you have a slide hammer, a "hook" around the inside inner part of the dB killer will allow you to slide it right out of the muffler in most cases, even cold.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
Does the exhaust have an extra o2 sensor bung welded on??? I cannot find an exhaust pic from the clutch lever side of the bike to verify it...I can see pictures of the stock o2 sensor bung but images of the header floating around google show an extra o2 sensor bung...
2012 wr250f - C-class 30+ age group
2015 fz-07- Hordpower Edition-80whp
2015 fj-09- Graves Exhaust w/Woolich tune by 2WDW @120whp

Archived