New FJ09 Rider - Greetings from SF Bay Area

Hi Everyone

I finally made the big purchase on Saturday from Berkeley Honda Yamaha. Now a proud owner of a grey FJ-09! My previous Yamaha's include an RZ350 and a FZ6. I've also got a Honda MB5 and a KTM 300 dirt bike in the stable. Excited to start having new adventures on my first brand-new motorcycle. Here are some pictures!

pJwjBSQ.jpg

VPidY8L.jpg

Welcome and congratulations on the new FJ.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Thanks for joining us @toonbobo and congrats on your awesome new bike! Any trips planned on your bike?
Thanks admin! There have been some talk between my friends about riding to Bonneville in August for speed week. We'll see if that pans out.  
Last summer I was able to ride my FZ6 up to Vancouver BC, which was a lot of fun.

• Premium Member
pJwjBSQ.jpg

What a terrific photograph, thanks for sharing.
2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• Premium Member
Yes sir, it sure is. Are you familiar with the area?
Yep, for two years I commuted from Manteca to NAS Alameda every day, and then I did another two years commuting to Moffett Field. Patterson Pass Rd became a regular part of my commute and I got to where I knew every crack and ripple of that asphalt. This was all ~20 years ago.

Yes sir, it sure is. Are you familiar with the area?
Yep, for two years I commuted from Manteca to NAS Alameda every day, and then I did another two years commuting to Moffett Field. Patterson Pass Rd became a regular part of my commute and I got to where I knew every crack and ripple of that asphalt. This was all ~20 years ago.

Quite the commute you had! If you were to do the same route today, you'd be surprised, the area has changed and developed big time.

• Premium Member
Quite the commute you had! If you were to do the same route today, you'd be surprised, the area has changed and developed big time.
Indeed. It was 70 miles one way and when I started it I was riding a 1987 FZR750. I piled 10k miles on that Yamaha in a few months and knew I was wasting a rare bike, so I sold it to a friend and got a used BMW K100RS. Many things sucked about that BMW, but the shaft drive and cheap tires were nice when I was piling up 30k miles per year, all in rush hour traffic.

Archived