LOGIN problems

Anyone else having problems logging in?  For the last while, every time I try to access my account I get an error message, saying my information is incorrect.  Try a second time and my account gets locked.  The only way I can get access to the site is to change my password ... more than a bit of a pain in the ass.  Use the "Change Password" function and I'm in, which is interesting when my account is supposedly "Locked".  Try and login later, even within hours of changing my password, and I get the error message again.  It seems that the "Try again in 14 minutes" is bogus too because I initially tried waiting but would get the locked message even days later.  I use either my phone or my computer to access the site so it's not like I'm in lots of different locations, using different machines. 

Initially, I was worried that my account had been hacked after all the bot posts we were getting but it's been going on for a while now.  I tried reaching out to admin, though the "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page, and haven't heard back.  Changing my password every time I want to access the site is getting old very fast.  I know I bought a Honda but I still have my Tracer.  Really not feeling the love!  🤬🤬

fail.thumb.jpg.629f3b2261347612b5a4c336d74cafdd.jpg  lock.thumb.jpg.1e89d04095747ee70a837207617840e2.jpg

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

12 hours ago, Tim16 said:

Same here @Heavy.

Nice to have company. 

Pain in the ass, isn't it? 

Oh, and same thing happened this morning.  I've changed my password so many times I may well be using the wrong one now.  😄

Edited by Heavy

No response here yet and no reply to my PM ... have the lunatics been left to run the asylum?  🤪

Hellooo Administrators?  No internet on your Christmas holiday? 

45 minutes ago, jthayer09 said:

"Display name" login broke at some point; use your email address instead and it should work as expected.

Correct; this is what I discovered recently as well. Use your email to log in instead of your username and it works fine.

My apologies; I didn't think to share this with the masses.

Guess I'm so used to barely-lashed-together stuff breaking on t'intarwebz that this sort of minor thing barely registers. 

Much of what I do for a living is website development, and honestly most people would never sleep at night if they knew more about the sort of spit, duct tape, and string holding the online world together. 

Maybe the owners will fix this at some point, maybe they won't.

• Thumbsup 2

I’ve flagged this to the site owner, in case there is a fix that can be applied. New registrations had to be paused while we were being spam bombed so perhaps logons got caught up in that.

• Thumbsup 1

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

I noticed the login problem this past Friday afternoon. Changed password and could login on my phone but not on laptop for some reason. Thank you jthayer09 and bwringer for the temporary fix to login with email instead. Now i'm in !

Happy New Year everyone.

2019 Tracer 900 GT. 2022 MT-09SP. 2002 Buell S3T Thunderbolt. 2016 FJ-09 SOLD. 2019 XSR900 SOLD.

On 12/29/2023 at 6:23 AM, Heavy said:

No response here yet and no reply to my PM ... have the lunatics been left to run the asylum?  🤪

Hellooo Administrators?  No internet on your Christmas holiday? 

Did ya consider the possibility of holiday travel? 

• Haha 2