First ride of the year

betoney

• Supporting Member
9 hours ago, pilgo said:

That truly is a good looking bike you have there mate.

I'd love to get another belly pan for my '15 like I had on my Tracer back home in England , but I have other things above it on the ' to do list '

Agreed on the priority list, suspension first -always, then any other modifications after that.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 1/4/2024 at 8:46 PM, dazzler24 said:

-36 C !!!!!  🥶  I took a look at the temperature of my freezer and it's 'only' -18 C.

How does anything outside even survive in those kind of temperatures?!  Wow!

Dress right and it's not that bad.  There are lots of people that regularly deal with colder.  Worse I've dealt with, here, was a couple of -44°C days.  Hydro went out and nothing would start so no generators for power. Lucky for us we were in a place with a wood stove so we were warm. Pain in the ass with no running water though. 

• Thumbsup 1

There is never enough time or money to do it right the first time.

• Supporting Member
11 hours ago, Heavy said:

Dress right and it's not that bad.  There are lots of people that regularly deal with colder.  Worse I've dealt with, here, was a couple of -44°C days.  Hydro went out and nothing would start so no generators for power. Lucky for us we were in a place with a wood stove so we were warm. Pain in the ass with no running water though. 

When the power goes out here, I too don't have any running water - but for a different reason.  I live on a block that isn't serviced by town water or sewerage services so rely on water tanks with pumps to deliver our water and a private sewerage system that also requires power to operate.

It is necessary to have a generator in those circumstances but mine is only a portable 3500W inverter so I can start mine by hand if required.  It'll service the essentials so good enough for us .

Maybe the only thing that separates our circumstances, on occasions, is a mere 80 degrees C! 😲😉 

• Haha 1