Trunk and (replacement) saddlebags for 2024 GT+

I have a 2024 Tracer 9 GT+, and I am really having a hard time finding accessories.  The local dealer has tried hard to help - but the catalogs he has just don't mention the 2024 model.  He simply has not been able to determine if the 2024 model can use accessories that fit earlier models.  So that's my first Q.  Does anyone know if the 2024 is radically different from earlier models - specifically as pertains to luggage.

I just learned that the stock bags on the back are a 'total of 30 liters'.  I'm not a math wizard, but I think that works out to 15 liters per bag.  I saw somewhere that a helmet will fit.  Not mine!  Arai XD4 - no way will it fit.

I need some new bags.  Something that will fit 'my' helmet.

I need a trunk.  A pretty good sized one.  45 liters - minimum.

I have contacted Givi USA, and also the Givi site in Italy.  USA office replied and said they are waiting for Italy to make positive recommendations, but the 22/23 model accessories "might" fit.  "Ask the dealer."  The dealer - well, my GT+ is the only one ever seen by the shop.

I am planning on a trip.  From southern New Mexico to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska on the Beaufort Sea.  I need to have more luggage capacity!

The big question.  Does anyone have ideas, pictures, experience with finding some luggage for this new Yamaha model?

I traded in my 21 Tracer 9GT for the 24 gt+ and took a chance that my Givi luggage would fit.  It fits perfect.  The Rack for the 21-22 will fit the 24. I have the v56 Monokey top case.  It will fit 2 full size modular helmets, it is huge. See photo.  Good luck. I am sure you will have enough luggage space with the Givi.

Givi.jpg

• Thumbsup 3

Unless your helmet is an XXL it should fit but there's a trick to do so, you need to put it in upside down.  My Nolan modular with the SENA 50S on the side fits in.

As mentioned above, the 24 is virtually the same as the 21-23.  I have the SHAD 45L top case on a SHAD rear rack.

• Supporting Member

Your helmet should fit the stock sidecases, I have an XL HJC RPHA 70 ST and it fits. As @OldBikers stated, you have to put the helmet in upside-down to match the shape of the case:

I'll put in my 2 cents for top case choice: I have the Givi v56 that I used on my 2015 FJ-09 and then purchased the Shad 58X expandable case when I bought my '21 Tracer 9 GT. The SHAD 58X is one of the best purchases I've made in any hobby.

Both hold two full-face helmets but when it comes to convenience and quality the Shad has some features the Givi doesn't:

The Shad can be put into what I affectionately call "pancake" mode when its empty; it flattens down to 42L of storage. This is important if you like leaving the case on 24/7 as it is smaller and affects handling less. It has two expansion levels depending on how much you want to carry; fully expanded takes two full face helmets.

The SHAD has a flip-out handle for carrying, I've never owned a Givi case that had that feature, and like all SHAD cases you can leave the case unlocked and take the key out; I have no idea why Givi doesn't let you do this.

The SHAD 58X is also cheaper, not just the case itself, but the entire all-in cost as with SHAD cases each one includes the mounting plate required. With Givi the plate is a separate purchase.

The 58X also comes with drill points marked and molded into the case for the backrest accessory. Givi doesn't, requiring you to print out their guide outline or manually measure the drill points yourself.

Good luck.

Posted (edited)
On 3/26/2024 at 4:40 PM, Birkdale10 said:

I saw somewhere that a helmet will fit.  Not mine!  Arai XD4 - no way will it fit.

First, about the helmet and the stock saddlebag.  I appreciate the folks that said, yes, a helmet will fit.  However, the XD4 has a bill.  It does not fit in the saddlebag with the bill.  And...yes, I can take off the bill.  But I'm not going to do that every time I get off the bike and want to put the helmet in the saddlebag.  That's on me, I know it.  But I need saddlebags that hold my helmet.  "My" helmet.

Second - two excellent suggestions for a trunk.  I'm going to get one of those - not sure which one yet.

But...replacement saddlebags?  Anybody know of any?

XD4_Black_F.jpg

Edited by Birkdale10

• Supporting Member
18 hours ago, Birkdale10 said:

First, about the helmet and the stock saddlebag.  I appreciate the folks that said, yes, a helmet will fit.  However, the XD4 has a bill.  It does not fit in the saddlebag with the bill.  And...yes, I can take off the bill.  But I'm not going to do that every time I get off the bike and want to put the helmet in the saddlebag.  That's on me, I know it.  But I need saddlebags that hold my helmet.  "My" helmet.

Second - two excellent suggestions for a trunk.  I'm going to get one of those - not sure which one yet.

But...replacement saddlebags?  Anybody know of any?

Search Tracer 9 GT sidecases and take a look at what's available. I personally really like the OEM sidecases on the T9 so I haven't had any urge to swap it out. If you're getting a new trunk that will hold your helmet, do you still need to swap out your sidecases? If you're curious, SHAD is the manufacturer of the OEM cases.

SHAD and Givi are the two premier brands. I'd strongly suggest deciding which top case you like best and buy the sidecases and mounting hardware from the same brand as to ensure compatibility between side case and top case mounts.

Givi: MY MOTORCYCLE - YAMAHA TRACER-9--TRACER-9-GT--TRACER-9-GT-21--23 - Givi

SHAD: SHAD Products for Yamaha Tracer 9/GT | SHAD USA

There are other brands like Hepco & Becker and SW-Motech who have great products but haven't been in the luggage game quite as long as SHAD or Givi.

I assume if you purchase aftermarket sidecases and hardware, you will have to remove the factory mounts, keep that in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

This is an addendum to my initial post.

A few days ago, I got an email from GIVI.  They have a 'new' trunk and sidecases set.  They call it the Trekker Alaska.  And they say, on the website, that it will definitely fit on a 2023 Tracer. 

One of the earlier replies to my first post said that the GIVI trunk from his 2021 Tracer fit right on the 2024 Tracer.  So, I'm really thinking that the Trekker Alaska is going to be my trunk of choice.

The open question is: saddlebags.

Again, the GIVI Trekker Alaska bags WILL fit on the 2023 Tracer.

Does that mean...the bags that fit on a 2023 Tracer WILL fit on a 2024?

• Supporting Member
57 minutes ago, Birkdale10 said:

Does that mean...the bags that fit on a 2023 Tracer WILL fit on a 2024?

Aside from electronic changes for the GT+, the 2021-2024 bikes should structurally be identical.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

Thanks to betoney for his reply.  Based on that, I ordered the saddlebags, and the mounting hardware, and it fit perfectly.

I also ordered the trunk, and I have that.  But the mounting hardware for the trunk is nowhere to be found, at least in the USA.  2 to 3 weeks, I am told.  

I have the bags on, but I am having trouble with the keys.  I can get them to work, eventually.  But they are stiff, and sometimes I will fiddle with them for a minute or more before I get to the exact right place that the key will turn.  Does it need lube - or just breaking in?

NewSaddlebags2.jpg

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
2 hours ago, Birkdale10 said:

I have the bags on, but I am having trouble with the keys.  I can get them to work, eventually.  But they are stiff, and sometimes I will fiddle with them for a minute or more before I get to the exact right place that the key will turn.  Does it need lube - or just breaking in?

I have never used Givi bags so I have no clue as to how stiff the locks turn but something doesn't sound right.  It cant hurt to use a dry lube in the lock and then turn it both ways several times to see if it loosens up.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***