• Supporting Member

Parent’s just got a new car and I decided to apply some aftermarket cerakote ceramic polish to their new ride. After application on a freshly cleaned and dried car, I let it sit in the garage overnight for it to cure. The cerakote looks great on their new car, then got me thinking. Has anyone actually applied Cerakote to their Niken’s matte finish? If so how did it look?

http://www.cerakoteceramics.com 

This is my first vehicle with a matte paint finish so not sure if this would be disastrous to apply a cerakote finish to the matte finish bits of the Niken. 

2019 Niken GT
"Motorcycles - the brand is not important, the fact that you ride is."

• Supporting Member

Im ready to leave the matte behind and re-spray my Niken. Interested in the result if you try. 

Not sure about the Cerakote but Dr Beasleys has a product for that...

Dr. Beasley’s MATTE PAINT COATING is a ceramic coating that protects matte & satin paint from stains, soiling, and contaminants to preserve the finish in factory condition. Engineered for active hydrophobicity, Matte Paint Coating repels water to self-clean. Unlike other nanocoatings, it retains the matte finish and will not add gloss.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, maximNikenGT said:

This is my first vehicle with a matte paint finish so not sure if this would be disastrous to apply a cerakote finish to the matte finish bits of the Niken. 

I would definitely contact the manufacturer or do an extensive Google search first, some polishes or coatings are made specifically for matte finishes whereas a majority will work on a typical gloss finish.

If you have a scrap piece of matte plastic you could try a test coating and see how it looks.

• Thumbsup 1
  • Like 1

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***