It's time for me to move on.

BIG congrats on the Vette, you got a great deal on a pristine like classic. I too am starting to enjoy the fruits of my hard labor and sacrifices in life.......bring on the toys!!!! :)

• Thumbsup 2

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, phpaul said:

vetteside.jpg.16bbd0680e7da908dfe73cd76cc4b85f.jpg

Got that Vette bought.  Exactly as advertised, 20,435 miles on the clock, immaculate inside and out.  Some very minor paint issues by the driver's side headlight which he mentioned when we were texting back and forth.

Test drive was brief due to lack of gas and rain (he said he was pretty sure that's the first time it had ever been rained on...) but ran good, clutch was good, shifted well and no squeaks or rattles even on a rough dirt road on the way to pavement.

Got insurance and tags taken care of, going back Saturday to pick it up.

And it is the Fastest Red!

How do you handle the in and out? Do the rag tops have over-door grab handles?

My experience is once you're in there's adequate room.  Like being in a cockpit, which is intentional.  Leather seats though are slippery during had charging.

• Supporting Member

Congrats on the Corvette. This gen can be had for reasonable money, and it's a thrill to drive. Enjoy!

canada.gif.22c5f8bdb95643b878d06c336f5fe29f.gif

frontdrivers.jpg.f2c95840d956e6f6e00084607c6ee993.jpg

rearpass.jpg.6503a5dee95fb2890466a3883a9ff900.jpg

Friend took pity on my and volunteered to run down with me to pick it up today versus waiting until Saturday when my daughter was available.

100-ish mile drive back went off without a hitch.  Noticed a couple of little niggles like a shimmy at 56-58MPH and the rear window in the convertible top is pretty cloudy.  Other than that, ran like a watch and the dash reported a hair over 20MPG average which is WAY better than I expected.

I'll have my mechanic check the balance on the tires and I need to put some new wiper blades on it, but other than that it's gas it up (Owwww....I put $70 worth of mid-grade in it...) and drive it!

• Thumbsup 3
  • Like 2