It's time for me to move on.

• Supporting Member

We all know when it's time to move on from whatever we're engaged in in life and motorcycling is no exception.  Sounds like you've enjoyed this part of the journey and have now handed over the reins.

Not everyone experiences the joy of this facet of life and I'm sure you have great memories over the 55 years of riding and look forward now to your grandson's stories.

All the best going forward into the next phase in life.

• Supporting Member

@phpaul - All the best to you moving forward in the next chapter of your life’s journey.   I quietly fear the day that will inevitably come when it’s time to stop riding, and commend you for making the decision on your own terms.  To be able to walk away from this obsession unscathed after 55 years is quite an accomplishment.  

Take care, my friend! 

• Thumbsup 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ride365 said:

Time for a sporty convertible, good wishes and farewell sir!!!

Exactly.  No Trike or Spyder for me, a Miata sounds like a good idea if I give up riding.  (A 3 wheeler is very impractical for me as I live in a condo with limited parking and expensive.)

• Thumbsup 1

3 hours ago, OldBikers said:

Exactly.  No Trike or Spyder for me, a Miata sounds like a good idea if I give up riding.  (A 3 wheeler is very impractical for me as I live in a condo with limited parking and expensive.)

I will NEVER ride/own a trike or in particular that abomination called the Spyder.......2 wheels only, or it's convertible time. 

• Premium Member

I need something a little bigger.

I can't even fit in a Miata

I have a buddy who has an older Honda  S one thousand I haven't tried to get in that either 😝

Funny you guys should mention it...

A Miata is a no-go, can't get my fat carcass in/out of it.  I know, I test drove a friend's.  Thought I wanted a Jeep CJ/Wrangler until I drove one.  ZERO plans for non-pavement driving, so the other drawbacks aren't worth the trouble.

Going to go look at some Gen4/5 Mustangs over the next few days.  First step is to see if I can get in/out of THEM.  No ragtops tho, never saw the attraction.  8 cylinders and a clutch are mandatory, everything else is optional.

• Thumbsup 5
  • Like 4

• Premium Member

I've never owned a Ford 

I had a 69 Camaro rally sport convertible once gave it to my mother she sold it without even asking me and got a LeBaron convertible proverbial little old lady's car it may have 30,000 miles on it

I'm sure you'll keep us in the loop and good luck with everything

What a long strange trip it's been. I hope you get those health issues taken care of. And as my Mom always said, The flowers are prettier than the roots!

• Thumbsup 3

Ain't no fun when the rabbit gets the gun!

• Supporting Member
21 hours ago, phpaul said:

8 cylinders and a clutch are mandatory, everything else is optional.

Kindred spirits we must be…  😀

A recent search of new vehicles with my mandatory ‘V8-Manual-Sedan’ combo yielded exactly one option.   So in a moment of incredibly irresponsible financial management, I spent my next decade’s worth of motorcycle money on a CT5-V Blackwing Cadillac.   And I couldn’t be happier… 

Because honestly, who doesn’t need a 668 hp, 3 pedal, 200 mph Cadillac?  🤷‍♂️

IMG_9546.thumb.jpeg.598939ae8dcd477d5c426a8f1673f63c.jpeg

Happy hunting for your next moto-toy! 

• Thumbsup 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, texscottyd said:

Kindred spirits we must be…  😀

A recent search of new vehicles with my mandatory ‘V8-Manual-Sedan’ combo yielded exactly one option.   So in a moment of incredibly irresponsible financial management, I spent my next decade’s worth of motorcycle money on a CT5-V Blackwing Cadillac.   And I couldn’t be happier… 

Because honestly, who doesn’t need a 668 hp, 3 pedal, 200 mph Cadillac?  🤷‍♂️

IMG_9546.thumb.jpeg.598939ae8dcd477d5c426a8f1673f63c.jpeg

Happy hunting for your next moto-toy! 

BAD ASS.....what year is that?