new FJ09 owner on the west coast! love this bike!

com3

new here! :D  i bought my FJ09 with zero miles on the ODO two and a half weeks ago.  i've got 2300+ on it now!  :D  

i'm a "re-entry" rider.  in 2008, i had a pretty gnarly off, and i quit riding on the street completely. sold everything street related i had, and stuck to riding at the track and dirt until just 2 short weeks ago.  a friend of mine got an FJ...i'd never even HEARD of the bike. i rode it around the parking lot and was INSTANTLY in love with it.  ...so now i've got one too! :D

happy trails! :D

20150802_185530-01-X3.jpg

Congrats on the new bike, Com3! Glad you got back in the saddle on the street. How tall are you if you don't mind me asking? I too haven't even heard of this bike until recently. Heading down to the dealer tomorrow to take a look - and possibly drop $11K (Canada) on a new Grey one. Great to see you taking it off the asphalt too. Nice work!

• Premium Member
Congrats on the new ride. Love the riding around Reno. Can't wait to go back. Staged out of Sparks on an FJR gathering last year.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Congrats on the new bike, Com3! Glad you got back in the saddle on the street. How tall are you if you don't mind me asking? I too haven't even heard of this bike until recently. Heading down to the dealer tomorrow to take a look - and possibly drop $11K (Canada) on a new Grey one. Great to see you taking it off the asphalt too. Nice work!

I'm 6'4. It's not designed to go off road right out of the box. There's no abs switch (You have to pull the fuse). It doesn't have much suspension or ground clearance either.

Sweet, and you got the fast color! Btw how wide is the rear of the bike with the bags on?

Not too sure. Not as wide as the bar ends tho...so when I'm splitting lanes, as long as the bars can fit, the rest will fit. :)

Archived