Oil Drain Plug Lowest Point Hazard

They originally told me the oil pan was going to be 2 to 3 weeks out because it was backordered due to high demand. Yamaha corporate was helpful in this matter, although the dealership was not. As soon as I pulled into my driveway after leaving the dealership with my defective FJ on a trailer they called me to tell me that my part had arrived. Oh yeah and I'm on the waitlist for grip heaters sense June 23rd.

It's amazing how much you have to do to the FJ 09 just to make it roadworthy. I've already had it towed home, bought my first oil pan, Mazda drain plug bolt, fork springs, and new back tire @ 1000 miles due to oil pan crack, and I still have to buy a rear shock, oh yeah and don't forget the steering dampener and skid plate! Do you think of FJ stands for F'n Junk... LOL,!  
Turns out I probably could have bought a real bike after buying all this crap! And Yamaha still won't admit to the drain pan problem amazing!
I guess I must be doing it wrong...  ::) 
I've got several thousand miles on mine, and no issues.  In 30+ years of riding and over 25 bikes, it's the best all 'rounder I think I've ever owned.

It's not the bike's fault you rode it over an obstacle it wouldn't clear....

• Premium Member
It's amazing how much you have to do to the FJ 09 just to make it roadworthy. I've already had it towed home, bought my first oil pan, Mazda drain plug bolt, fork springs, and new back tire @ 1000 miles due to oil pan crack, and I still have to buy a rear shock, oh yeah and don't forget the steering dampener and skid plate! Do you think of FJ stands for F'n Junk... LOL,!  
Turns out I probably could have bought a real bike after buying all this crap! And Yamaha still won't admit to the drain pan problem amazing!
I've got several thousand miles on mine, and no issues.  In 30+ years of riding and over 25 bikes, it's the best all 'rounder I think I've ever owned.

dingly dingly ding with bells on
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member

dingly dingly ding with bells on
It's that damned ADV look they gave the bike.
Thanks, Obama!!! :P
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

The FJ-09 is the same as the FZ-09 in this regard. And, there are not many complaints about this issue. Combined, Yamaha has sold thousands of these bikes and if it was a common issue, they would correct it.

Many streetbikes are the same way. If you hit something or try to jump a curb, you may crack your oil pan or worse. It is this way with most street bikes.

We here at FJ-09.org are really fond of the FJ-09 so please excuse of if we get sick of hearing how bad it is. Because, we disagree. You may not like this but we ARE the majority.

Looking back over your post history you seem to be posting mostly negatives about this bike. Not quite a bannable offense, but if I keep getting complaints about your posts, a "timeout" may occur.

Its okay to point out short comings the bike, in a post. But when every post is negatives and buyer bewares, all because YOU hit something that broke your bike, you might get unpopular pretty quickly.

This is the FJ-09 Forum. and we are pretty fond of this magnificent bike. Deal with it.

[strong] "[/strong]I had no idea you all were so sensitive."

You've had a rough deal and I'm sorry you've had to go through it, but I think that the majority are only sensitive to the fact that one or two of our forum buddies are honorably struggling with (what some might say were devastating) life changing events in ways which help keep a sense of proportion about issues. :)  

"I think that the majority are only sensitive to the fact that one or two of our forum buddies are honorably struggling with (what some might say were devastating) life changing events in ways which help keep a sense of proportion about issues. :)"

Dixon,

Thank you for adding a bit of clarity to a somewhat murky situation. I kind of figured it was something like that. Ultimately, I did get what I was looking for, a quick proven solution to a potentially critical design flaw. Thanks to b12Ty and I remain very grateful for that information. I could have done without all the drama. I promise to keep my posts to an absolute minimum in the future so I don't offend anyone.

PS... And to all that provided the non-value-added comments I hope you and your supporters get through whatever it is you're going through, just know you have been blocked so I will not see any of your future comments.

Archived