• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Fake intake grills on the sides of the bike

• Premium Member
Agreed they are cheesy, but I think the stuff under them is even uglier. I'd like to see some creative replacement ideas. Paintings of squirrels on a wheel... Neon lights... Gun barrels...

• Premium Member
Yamaha likes to do fake intakes. I used to have a 1987 FZR750 years ago. It had two "Fresh Air Intake" holes on the front fairing with scoops arcing through the cockpit. The scoops routed air into the frame rails, which exited at holes blowing on the rear shock. The airbox intake under the tank sort of pointed backwards toward the shock, but basically the "FAI" ducts on the '87-88 FZR750/1000 are just shock coolers.

• Premium Member
Yamaha likes to do fake intakes. I used to have a 1987 FZR750 years ago. It had two "Fresh Air Intake" holes on the front fairing with scoops arcing through the cockpit.
And then there is the V-Max. 

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

• 6 months later...
Sorry to bump an old thread but I didn't see any other discussion. Is there any aftermarket aesthetic addons to help with these? Not so much for the look change but to make it less of a pain in the arse to clean them out (like carbon fiber inserts or something like that)?

• Premium Member
Big googly eyes for the lobster.
Mmmmm. Lobster.  ::) lobster_zpsnvlpjxfg.jpg
IMAG0144_zpsd7a3ljje.jpg
IMAG0147_zpst7rzphci.jpg

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

Archived