• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Sargent Seat Email Reply 11/12

ssdan

From The Sargent Lady

Hello Dan!

Thank you for your interest in the Sargent Cycle Products FJ09 seats we currently have in development.

We have had some minor delays getting loaner bikes in here for testing. Seems our dealers are not keeping them around long enough for us to get one and what local owners we have contacted have not contacted us back. However, I do have one hopeful possibly next week. If you happen to know anyone in Jacksonville Florida that would like a free seat, (forum members maybe?), we would be glad to hear from them. Right now, we are projecting the release to be sometime after the first of the year.

In the mean time, if you are interested and just cannot wait any longer, we could do a Custom Seat Service for you. http://www.sargentcycle.com/Custom-Seat-Services/ If this sounds like a possible solution for you, please feel free to contact one of our highly qualified sales representatives, Bob or Dane at 1-800-749-7329, Monday through Friday, 8 am -5 pm.

Again, we appreciate your interest in Sargent Cycle Products and as always, Ride Safe!

MARY PESTALITZ
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT

• Premium Member
I offered my bike to Sargent to develop a seat for the FJ earlier this week. After a few emails they decided that I was too far away (2 hours) from their facility in Jacksonville for it to work for them. This even after I offered to bring it to them.

So, it appears that it will be a while. They don't even have a bike to use to develop the seat yet.

• Premium Member
I offered my bike to Sargent to develop a seat for the FJ earlier this week. After a few emails they decided that I was too far away (2 hours) from their facility in Jacksonville for it to work for them. This even after I offered to bring it to them. 
So, it appears that it will be a while. They don't even have a bike to use to develop the seat yet.
Seems it more about *their* capacity not the availability of a R&D bike. Their loss, the bike will have been in the wild for a year before they get a product to market so many owners, like me will have bought elsewhere. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 4 weeks later...
sat on the bare foam prototype. its quite a bit wider than stock. the rear seat is as well. should be way more comfortable. theyll need the bike back in a month or so to check fitting before production. i do not know when it will be available but its coming along

• Premium Member
sat on the bare foam prototype. its quite a bit wider than stock. the rear seat is as well. should be way more comfortable. theyll need the bike back in a month or so to check fitting before production. i do not know when it will be available but its coming along
Is it a one piece or two piece design? 

Do you have the rear rack on your bike?  I'm wondering if the rear seat being wider will affect the rear rack fitment.

Archived