Is accessory plug outlet fused?

boris

Presumably the accessory out is fused;  but I cannot figure out which fuse.

There is no power coming out of this plug, and I checked all the conventional fuses and they all seemed all right.

The dealer requires me to make a service appointment to get it fixed.

If any of yous can point me in the right direction to take care of this myself, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Boris

There is no power coming out of this plug, and I checked all the conventional fuses and they all seemed all right.

The dealer requires me to make a service appointment to get it fixed.

If any of yous can point me in the right direction to take care of this myself, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Boris

First off Boris, tell us which fuse blocks you checked?  One under the seat and two under the right side panel.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
the accessory outlet has a 2A fuse - fine for a phone or satnav but plug a tyre compressor into it and phut, you blow the fuse. Same with some heated clothing as they can draw 5 or 10 amps. The fuse is under the RH side panel.

Also, the DC outlet is only live with the ignition on.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member

First off Boris, tell us which fuse blocks you checked?  One under the seat and two under the right side panel.
The aux fuses are found under the right side panel.  Left side aux fuse is in the leftmost of the two fuseboxes under the panel, the fourth down from the top, according to the owner's manual (page 7-33 in the US manual). 
In order from top to bottom:

- Ignition
- Aux 2
- ABS
- Aux 1
- Signals

The fuse that's oriented differently on the side is a spare.

Be aware that sometimes it is very difficult to tell if a fuse is blown by looking at it.  I've had fuses that blew down close to the spade, quite difficult to see.  Use a continuity meter to test them, or if you don't have one then just swap in a new one and see if that helps.

Some fuse removal tools come with a continuity tester.  That's handy, although when I need it the battery is usually dead. :-/

2015 FJ-09 (Mary Kate)
2007 Daytona 675 (Tabitha, ret.)
1998 Vulcan 800 (Ret.)
2001 SV650S (Veronica, Ret.)
2000 Intruder 800 (Ret.)

Guest bruinfj09guy
I've got the same problem. I plugged my little tire compressor into the outlet, turned it on, nothing happened, and the outlet no longer works.

I checked the Aux 1 (and Aux 2) fuse in the left box under the right panel and the fuse LOOKED fine. I replaced the fuse with the spare, and still nothing. 

Any chance there is an inline fuse somewhere, or that something has burnt? 

Hoping for an easy solution. If no one has any ideas I shall pull the panel and swap the fuses again, just in case.

Also, any chance the two fuses in the panel (Aux1 and Aux2) are BOTH burned and are somehow connected? I don't see why they would be, but that might explain the outlet not having juice after replacing each individually...

Guest bruinfj09guy
As I recall, those are 2 amp fuses. Could be that the pump is just too much for them.
Yeah... I figure so. Right now I just want to get the outlet working again so I can charge my phone.

Archived