Killer ride? Close

wessie

• Premium Member
I was hesitating as I thought the silver car might cut into the left lane (those in the lost colonies will have stand on their head to watch the video). Then...
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Actually looks like he came from the inside lane of the roundabout and realised he wanted the next exit, in which case the bike would have been in front of him. I think he forgot about his trailer and wanted to squeeze through a tight spot - with the trailer it was even more tight.

• Premium Member
Looks like the rider was maintaining position in the drivers blind spot. No excuse for the driver; should have checked, but I wouldn't hang out there.
We were in separate lanes marked by white lines on a roundabout controlled by traffic lights - 3 lanes. I was almost stationary in the outer lane as the light was red as I approached, turning green as I got to it. He came from the middle lane into my lane to exit the roundabout. He should have remained in his lane as indicated by the dotted line - there was no need for him to change lanes as both lanes went into the exit road. I didn't accelerate from the light rapidly as I was expecting the silver car to cut into the left lane - people cutting across lanes as they enter or exit roundabouts is fairly common in the UK, but don't come that close that often. 

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Actually looks like he came from the inside lane of the roundabout and realised he wanted the next exit, in which case the bike would have been in front of him. I think he forgot about his trailer and wanted to squeeze through a tight spot - with the trailer it was even more tight.
if he had stayed in his lane there was nothing tight - there were 2 lanes on the exit lane but he just drove from the middle lane of the roundabout across the shortest route to the left lane of the 2 lane carriageway, rather than staying in the centre & right lane. 

• Premium Member
I think you edited out the next two minutes of the video where you catch up to the driver to compliment him for his skill and courtesy with the trailer.  Glad you and the bike are OK. 
I did pull alongside, took less than 2 minutes though. He got my best Paddington stare

maxresdefault.jpg

• 1 month later...
Wessie offered: "He got my best Paddington stare..."

He would have gotten a right proper door kicking if he pulled that sh!t on me. He might as well have put a loaded and cocked gun to your head. That's one of the most aggressive, and completely unnecessary, lane changes I've ever seen. What a twat....

-CD-
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

Archived