Ixil Exhaust: Stay Far, FAR Away

zachd

Well, I received my Ixil System today. I can honestly say, I have never been so disgusted with an aftermarket motorcycle/car product in my entire life. I question if Ixil has any sort of QC going on over there. There were so many despicable issues with the system, that within 5 minutes of opening the box, I was already on the phone with them.

Numerous issues:
-Weld slag, weld slag, and oh...even more weld slag.
-Look at the end of the manifold pipes where it meets the flanges. The center one is flush, the two outside ones are inset about 1/2".
-Dent at end of collector, where the catalytic converter is.
-Removed the dB Killers, and look at the packing in one of the exits, it protrudes. Could hardly pull the dB killer out. 

I requested from them, a pre-paid shipping label to return the exhaust. I don't feel as though I should have to pay to return such a poorly manufactured item. I wouldn't put this exhaust anywhere near my bike after giving it the once over. I'm awaiting a response from them via email. I spoke with a gentleman named Chris over the phone, and he said he'd be in touch with me tomorrow morning. Please, when considering an exhaust, don't consider this system. I will now be ponying up, and purchasing a system from a reputable name instead.

Anyways, here are the disgusting photos:

Sq93nBAh.jpgjaUSLX8h.jpgMrJxMdfh.jpgilwQ7APh.jpg4VOI5v5h.jpgLY9flRWh.jpg1nxInJ4h.jpgSpA3xZYh.jpgyhOO02Rh.jpgT7xcX7Lh.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Wow. I have to admit, those pics are pretty stunning. Considering the price this seems pretty unacceptable to me as well.

Good luck with the return and call.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
Oh and a bonus is that when dynoed ixil are one of the rare after market exhaust that is so well designed that it actually looses power over the stock catted system. For all the people who like a louder bike with less power then stock and with this quality craftsmanship, your exhaust choice is clear.

Glad you realized and are returning it!

Woke up this morning to a reply to my email.  I also received a second email from them shortly after. One would have to think it is auto generated, scroll down for the laughs of that email.

NOivxGBl.png

ygxJL6dl.png

• Premium Member
By all means... review it!! Hahahaha... AFTER you get the refund, of course!!
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Dang, that's worse than my GPR deal that I bought for my FZ09, but never put it on. (Still sitting on my unused kitchen chair.)
The pipes were all banged up and dented. (Small dents, but still....)
Scratches on the metal. They were loose packed in the box with 3 totally unrelated pipes that don't even belong on this bike... All there to bang up the pipes I suppose?
The muffler was not the right one. I ordered a black one, they sent White...
The welds? Slag city, but nothing that a few passes with a long pineapple carbide would not fix, but why should I have to clean up their Italian workmanship? (I guess I got what I was paying for eh?)

I started with an Arrow, they duped me on the order, being only a slip on exhaust that ONLY fits their headers... And if you wanted the whole deal they listed in eBay, the price was nearly a grand....

So I tried the GPR deal. No deal, but not terrible either. Most of the fits are fine, the small dents I only notice, and while it's not Akrapovic quality, it's not the same price either.

So, why have I not put it on the FJ09? I'm not sure it fits, but I'll find out this spring soon, and if I can make it work with the center stand or not. (Not giving up the stand, it's nice to have.) But I might cut and re-fit the pipes if I have to. Or modify the center stand too is an option.

Being able to weld is a nice skill to have.

And then there is the stock exhaust... mods to it have proven gains, while not losing much, but it's heavy, but it works fine. Ah, choices in life eh? :)

Sounds like your headache was almost worse than mine.

I, like you, refuse to lose the center stand....which does limit you some on the choices available. I ended up purchasing a Two Brothers Black Series system. I'm doubting I'll run into the same issues with a system from them.

I bought Yoshi pipes (different bike) that were rusty on the inside, though it was a bit better put together.
I didn't mind the rust so much....it was all the other issues with it that was just a joke of manufacturing. 

Archived