Anybody have the Nolan N44 Helmet?

I recently was looking around one of the local motorcycle dealerships here where I live and came across the Nolan N44 helmet.  It looks like the best of all worlds with it being able to be an open face, 3/4 and a full helmet.  Was just wondering if anybody here has one and what its like.  I currently have a HJC FS-10 and I want to get a better quality helmet.  My dream helmet is the Schuberth C-3 Pro but that is a little pricy at this moment in time.  So my next choice is the Nolan N44 but I want to get some information on it before I buy it and find out it sucks.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nolan-n44-helmet

Looks like a BA helmet, but I would assume crempel is correct about the noise. Though it does have great reviews.
'15 FJ-09 - Candy Red. Mods: Cruizin cruise control, Givi D2122S WS & crash bars. Rivco anti-vibration highway pegs. Yamaha rear rack & softbags. RAM mount X grip at handlebar bolts. Shorty levers. Tail assembly shortened. FZ6 rubber pegs.
'05 Honda CRF450r
'77 Honda CB550f Super Sport

I hads the N43e. It was my favorite helmet and I am waiting to find the N44 below $200 and then I will have essentially the same helmet with better airflow.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Premium Member
I loved my N44 but when I crashed my FZ (I'm ok) and gave the at fault bitches insurance company all my gear receipts for reimbursement they made me turn all my gear over. The shredded down to the Kevlar layer alpinestar jeans, and messed up single crash disposable textile jacket I didn't mind handing over but I didn't feel like I bumped my head and I really liked that helmet. But there were some scratches so it was probably best I stopped using it. I loved being able to change it around even though it's not a true full face level protection helmet it was good for what it is. I used it open face the whole time during a royal enfield tour of India.

• Premium Member
If anyone in the UK fancies having a look at this unconventional looking beastie, then they are reduced in price at http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/nolan-n44-classic-n-com-flat-black-010/ XL only. The previous N43 version is even cheaper and in more colours & sizes.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Try the Shoei Neotec.
+1 Best modular ever. So comfortable, quality product. A bit heavy some say, but I like the stability.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
If anyone in the UK fancies having a look at this unconventional looking beastie, then they are reduced in price at http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/nolan-n44-classic-n-com-flat-black-010/ XL only. The previous N43 version is even cheaper and in more colours & sizes. 

Deserves a closer look I think. I have it on authority this is going to be scorching summer.

I loved my N44 but when I crashed my FZ (I'm ok) and gave the at fault bitches insurance company all my gear receipts for reimbursement they made me turn all my gear over. The shredded down to the Kevlar layer alpinestar jeans, and messed up single crash disposable textile jacket I didn't mind handing over but I didn't feel like I bumped my head and I really liked that helmet. But there were some scratches so it was probably best I stopped using it. I loved being able to change it around even though it's not a true full face level protection helmet it was good for what it is. I used it open face the whole time during a royal enfield tour of India.
You do know that a helmet is a lot like a condom? One time only! 

How was it for road noise?  Im sure anything would be better than what I have now but I am just curious.  The helmet I have now is a cheap one and the only full face I've owned since I bought it in 2009.  On my Vstar 650 I could only wear a half helmet because it has a louder exhaust and the sound reverberates inside the full face and is excruciating... even after being half deaf... with ear plugs in.  With the half helmet it's just fine, no problems at all.   My full face is just fine on the FJ-09 but because I have never owned anything else I don't have anything to compare it to. 
Glad ya came out ok after the crash.

• Premium Member
I know helmets once impacted are for one use only. But I slid on my legs and elbow, my head never hit the deck. The scratches were from earlier superficial mishandling. So I feel like a good helmet was thrown away and I miss it. I did get some money for it I guess but bought a neat shark helmet with goggles and mouth guard plus an arai xd4. But now I do want the n44 again as well as it fit my head really well and I liked the features. As for noise not sure, nothing is as quiet as a modular Shuberth I used to have. The n44 I always wore with earplugs or earplug type earbuds with music so wind noise was always controlled.

Archived