Does Yamaha have an avenue for suggestions from consumers?

I love my new FJ.  I see some comments on the suspension or the ECU programming and other little nits, but having made a 40 year leap in technology from my previous bike, I'm still pretty much slack-jawed with amazement.

Except.

The seat.  My God, what sadist designed THAT torture device?

So, I'd like to pass along my thoughts on that to Yamaha (knowing that it is unlikely to have any measurable impact) .  Is there a method for doing such a thing?  My dealer pretty much laughed at the idea.

I love my new FJ.  I see some comments on the suspension or the ECU programming and other little nits, but having made a 40 year leap in technology from my previous bike, I'm still pretty much slack-jawed with amazement. 
Except.

The seat.  My God, what sadist designed THAT torture device?

So, I'd like to pass along my thoughts on that to Yamaha (knowing that it is unlikely to have any measurable impact) .  Is there a method for doing such a thing?  My dealer pretty much laughed at the idea.
I'm now on my second MT-09 Tracer.   With neither of them did I get any form of request for feedback from Yamaha, including views on the adequacy or otherwise of the dealer's handling of the sales process.   But then - I only spent ~$15,000 on each occasion!   Do I expect too much? 

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

• Premium Member
Yamaha did have an MT09 Tracer survey in the Design Cafe on the EU website but this seems to be closed. I posted the link last year and many people gave some feedback. I have no idea if this survey influenced their decision to change the sump design and replace noisy CCT, or whether that was from feedback via dealers.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Dealer feedback probably filters up through the importers who then make requests of Yamaha for changes. Things like the CCT recall probably come from a combination of repair data and engineering input.

And somewhere at Yamaha there is a product manager who, among other things, maybe checks forums like this.

Archived