Here we go!

winifredbarkle

Seat height in the low position is the same as a Super Tenere in it's low position, and an inch higher than the FZ-09.

There isn't much of a seat to make any mods for the shorter people.

Will be curious to throw a leg over one to see how it really is.

ABS & traction control is standard, wouldn't be surprised to see cruise come sometime down the road.

Need to find out more substantive info. The Yamaha site lists a wet weight of 462 lbs. Compared to the FZ09, that was a 2 or 3 heavier than listed wet weight, this is getting too close to 470. Was really hoping for improved base suspension (not what it really needs to be, but at least a bit stouter than the FZ) and no more than 450. Ideal would be if under $10K. Looks like they "may" have over done it too many places. It's still early, it might yet pan out. Otherwise, I'll likely follow the same plan as winifredbarkle.

Need to find out more substantive info. The Yamaha site lists a wet weight of 462 lbs. Compared to the FZ09, that was a 2 or 3 heavier than listed wet weight, this is getting too close to 470. Was really hoping for improved base suspension (not what it really needs to be, but at least a bit stouter than the FZ) and no more than 450. Ideal would be if under $10K. Looks like they "may" have over done it too many places. It's still early, it might yet pan out. Otherwise, I'll likely follow the same plan as winifredbarkle.

Man, they put an ABS equipped sub 500 lb sportourer with a nasty triple engine for $10,500!!

And I"m getting sick of those 650 weestrom comparisons because the FJ will destroy it. My FZ-09 hauld ass after Flash, Fuel controller and exhaust swap. May not be a trail machine its hard to catch 0-80 and all the power you want down in yhe low range where u use it.

This is a Holigan's sport touring bike but in a more manageabke power delivery.

Archived