DAS BOOTS??

What kind of footwear do you use when on the FJ or for touring?

These look ok, but they're a bit pricy.

Sidi Boots

OTOH, these don't look like they offer much protection. A little more "normal" looking. $300 too.

AS Boots

What do you look for in a boot for street riding?

I'd like one that is comfortable enough to walk around wearing at my destination.

I wore a pair of AlpineStars Goretex for 8 years. Boots I bought last year were inexpensive Cycle Gear Bilt waterproof track boots for around $80. These are easy to get on and off, I like that. The Alpinestars were great for walking around in, spent 3 days at Laguna Seca for the GP races on them. The Alpinestars started to leak so I got the Bilt ones. So far so good on the Bilt boots, don't have any idea if they will last 8 years.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
I wear the Alpinstars Web Gor-Tex boots and could not be happier. The problem with boots for me formost is comfort. I tried every boot that Chaparrel had, and the only boots that were comfortable were the Web boots. And not the old Web model, the 2014 model, as it has a thinner nose for shifting. The second problem with boots is they are either too hot in the summer, or too cold in the winter. The genuine Gor-Tex boots are waterproof, warm in the winter, and breathe in the summer to stay cool. Everything is a tradeoff. I got them for $300 which is a little pricey me thinks, but worth it to me.

link 

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived