US 2017 models up on Yamaha site (new color: white!)

I am a big fan of the FJ09 and would love to own one. I stated I would be first in line to buy one when they came out with cruise. I'm still waiting. It doesn't make any sense for the Tenere and FZ10 to have cruise and not the FJ09. It did take Yamaha years to put it on the FJR which is their touring bike. I guess it will take them years to add it to the FJ09 also.
Still riding my FJ1100 and FJ1200 without cruise control. These are OLD bikes. Hey Yamaha how about a NEW FJ with cruise.
FJer

• Premium Member
Also, is it me or is the touring screen updated? 

looks the same as the one I tried and have under my bed now - it will get fitted to the bike if I sell it and I'll put the Powerbronze up for sale - horrid looking thing that looks like it should be on a 1970s MZ

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Stopped by the Yamaha demo area at Daytona speedway. There is no such animal as a FJ-10. :-( what I saw was a black FZ-10. I guess it could be accessorized like a FJ09? Nice bike anyway...

A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

An FZ-10 is easy enough to accessorize into an "FJ-10" that I'm not sure they'd bother making an official model.

Slap a windscreen, panniers, handguards, and a comfort seat on it and you're good to go.  You don't get much of a usable pillion seat, but I'm not sure you really get than on the FJ-09 either...

I believe all the accessories in these are official Yamaha offerings because that first pic is from a press shoot.

666_B32A0372
601e0b867fa0ee5fa87af02385ef1a51.jpg

An FZ-10 is easy enough to accessorize into an "FJ-10" that I'm not sure they'd bother making an official model. 
Slap a windscreen, panniers, handguards, and a comfort seat on it and you're good to go.  You don't get much of a usable pillion seat, but I'm not sure you really get than on the FJ-09 either...

I believe all the accessories in these are official Yamaha offerings because that first pic is from a press shoot.

666_B32A0372
601e0b867fa0ee5fa87af02385ef1a51.jpg

The problem though is the tank range. As my mate found out when he traded in his Multistrada for the MT10. It's great, but the tank range is crap for his sort of touring. Lovely bike though. 

Archived