Just picked up my FJ-09

Brick

• Premium Member
And... while I wanted post a photo of my new to me bike but I can't post photos yet! It's a 2015 red... the fast color! ?

Oh yea I live in Morganton, NC just 23 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Brick

Brick
2015 Yamaha FJ-09 "Red Molly"
2014 Yamaha Super Tenere' ES
1999 Suzuki SV650

• Premium Member
And... while I wanted post a photo of my new to me bike but I can't post photos yet! It's a 2015 red... the fast color! ? 
Oh yea I live in Morganton, NC just 23 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Brick
I make a few trips per year down to the Smokeys. We'll have to meet up and ride. And congrats on your purchase! 

• Premium Member
Congrats on the new toy. 
But I have to ask....... why didn't you ride it home????

Enjoy.

Well... less than 3 months ago I had a heart attack and double bypass surgery. I almost could has as I have done those kinds of purchases in the past but I didn't really want to push my recovery. This getting old shit sucks! ?? plus I have family in the Detroit area and I'm northwestern Ohio plus I visited friends in Columbus, Oh as I retired from OSU.
It's home now and going to be 83 degrees here today! Yippie!!

Brick
1999 Suzuki SV650

Good to see you are doing well with the recovery to be able to ride again :D (obviously you're doing everything as you should be). 
Sounds like you made the most of the trip in any case.

Enjoy the weather (28 deg C here in Oz).

Look forward to hearing and seeing pics from your first adventure our on the FJ.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

Are those FJR cases? And what tank bag is that? I don't like this clip on Motocentric one. I can see why they went out of business...
Yes, 2014's. 
Mine with 2008 FJR saddlebags.  Color similar to front fender.  Picked up at 1/2 cost of new and in almost perfect condition:

hUil5ww.jpg

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Are those FJR cases? And what tank bag is that? I don't like this clip on Motocentric one. I can see why they went out of business...

Yes they are red FJR saddle bags! The bike came with a tail bag and a tank bag they are Bag-Connection bags. The tank bag attaches by a ring around the gas filler.

Brick
1999 Suzuki SV650

Archived